CITIES XL 2011™ represents the new generation for city builders.
With Cities XL 2011, build and develop gigantic cities on realistic 3D maps, thanks to an incredible collection counting more than 700 buildings and unique structures. You are the virtual mayor and as such, you will need to find the right balance between economic development for your city, public transportation, housing, social services, leisure activities and even special events in town. Realism has been pushed a little bit deeper with larger cities, more realistic and more sophisticated than ever before!
Widen your horizon!
Cities XL 2011 pushes its limits further: hundreds of new buildings and structures appear for a total of more than 700 constructions, leading the way for new building and combinations options never seen before in a City Builder. Many new maps are also available, for a total of 45 buildable maps. City management will offer the full experience thanks to the addition of public transportation (subway, bus) which will decongest downtown traffic while lowering pollution levels and increasing the population's satisfaction. A more elaborated tax system will let all apprentice mayors adjust personal and local business taxes. A new commercial user interface will permit trade between cities in single player mode if a player decides to develop several cities.
Thanks to these big novelties and to a lot of inspired improvements, Cities XL 2011 truly reaches a whole new dimension to please all City Builders’ fans!
 Game Play
- More than 700 buildings, structures and monuments inspired by various architectural styles.
- Gigantic, incredibly detailed and diverse 3D maps: mountains, hills, canyons, islands and beaches, and different climates to choose from tropical to desert, from Mediterranean to temperate.
- Go beyond a simple city and manage a network of cities! Specialize each one of your cities, and establish business links to become independent.
- A sophisticated transport system: choose the type of traffic lane, create bridges and tunnels, and most of all, manage the new public transportation system: bus, underground and elevated railway.
- A realistic representation of the population. Citizens have various profiles depending on their age, their career and their health. Take profiles into account to provide the services and the entertainment they need.
- A self-sufficient global economy, controlled by price variation and by citizen’s needs in the game.
- A new tax management system that allows you to refine the city's administration.
- A very high quality graphic engine which provides nearly photorealistic visuals.