Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin User Reviews
Portrait of Ruin was my first real experience playing a Castlevania game, and one that has definitely turned me on to the series! I guess I knew what to expect, as I had seen gameplay videos of older Castlevania titles beforehand, but figured that for twenty bucks this game would tie me over for awhile. So I broke out the old DS and popped in the game card.
At first, I wasn't too impressed, it seemed like a cross between a typical 2D platformer and Van Helsing. After spending an atrocious amount of time dealing with the first boss (yeah, he's that tough) I decided to give up and find somethi...
- Varied Gameplay
- Different playable characters
- Simple. Easy to pick up and play
- Lots of Bosses
- Same old familiar Castlevania style
- No multiplayer (Except to trade, etc)
- Sounds are okay, but less than good
- Controlling the Sisters can be tough
- Not much replayability
This is the second Castlevania game I've played (the other one being on GBA), and it was nice to see that the general game play had not changed. You're running around Dracula's castle killing creatures of the night and bosses, working your way to Dracula.
The way this has been set out on the dual screen for the DS is that the bottom screen is the screen you will be looking at, while the top screen is the map. You can change the top screen to give you enemy details; including how many enemies of that type you've killed, hp, skill points enemy gives, difficulty, experience gained from it, etc....
- Shop 21
- Strength Glove Won't Work ~ I think I found a Bug 15
- need help with game rom 0
- how do i get to nest of evil? 2
- How do you break walls/platforms? 3
- Wind Glitch? Problems I am having. 2
- old axe armor location 4
- Trading(wi-fi) 1
- Did you know that the kunai is the weapon that Jonathan wares around his waist hmm? 2
- Question 2
- Anyone have a long sword to sell 2
- Which is your favorite soundtrack? 1