Call of Duty: Finest Hour review
Call of Duty
- Intense gameplay
- Authentic WWII weapons
- Great sound effects
- Multiplayer mayhem
- Too linear (which ruins the replay value)
- Singleplayer Campaign is pretty short
- Some British missions seem rushed and are rather frustrating
Call of Duty (CoD) is a FPS-game which takes you back to the battles of WWII. You start out as an American soldier, soon to be followed by a British and a Russian Soldier.
One of the best FPSgames I've ever played. The game's very intense and pretty realistic. I was sucked into it right away. Especially the Russian missions mission are very intense. Some of the British missions seem a bit rushed, and the game's extremely linear. It's a bit short too, it took me 2 days to finish the singleplayer. It is worth it, and the negative things above don't ruin the fun at all.I had a blast while playing, one of the best singleplayers I've ever played.
The multiplayer is one of the best too. I've been playing it for over a year now and I'm still not bored. Enough maps, weapons and gamemodes, believe me, you'll never get bored.
They aren't that spectacular, but they're good. It's a tweaked version of the QuakeIII-engine. This oldie still has some power in it. The explosions look awesome, so does the shell-shock effect you get when you're near an explosion. Another good part about the graphics is that it'll run on most computers. No need for a high end videocard!
The weapons sound perfect and powerful, just like they would in real life.
This is one of the best FPS-games ever created in my opinion, and I've been gaming since I was 4 years old...
Get this game, especially now you can get it for a low price combined with United Offence, the expansion pack.
You won't be disapointed.
About the author
- Does anyone play Call of Duty: Finest Hour? 0
- Cheats that dont work. 0
- eliinate anti tank hiding upstairs? 2
- Join Neoseeker's Call of Duty community 0
- second to last american level 1
- Call of duty Finest hour online: ITS BACK!! 0
- Call of duty 2
- Is this game worth the buy 3
- getting out of the tanks 11
- help with british level required 6
- The Front (multiplayer map) 3
- Does anyone know 4