Grab the wheel and hold on as you takedown the competition with the most spectacular smashes this side of Hollywood. Use your car as a weapon and battle to the front of the pack. Live dangerously and indulge your thirst for twisted metal with a dedicated crash mode that rewards you for creating massive pile-ups. With over 100 events spanning 40 tracks, addictive multiplayer gameplay, and the most dramatic crashes ever seen in a videogame, Burnout 3: Takedown is a breakneck, adrenaline-fuelled, awe-inspiring racing experience. Aggressive racing required, seatbelts not included
Burnout 3 promises to be the most action-packed entry in the series to date, rewarding players not only for driving dangerously but also for using their cars as weapons with which to eliminate opponents via slam, shunt, and takedown maneuvers. Street circuits in the game will be set in North America, Europe, and the Far East, each with plenty of opportunities to gain bonuses by racing toward oncoming traffic. Single-player gameplay modes in Burnout 3 includes both race and crash championships, as well as other options that are not being announced at this time. Single-player races in the game will take place against five opponents rather than three, as in previous Burnout titles, and the new "Hollywood-style" stunt crashes promise to be the most spectacular crashes seen to date.
- Crash Mode: Cause wanton destruction in a game mode dedicated to demolition. Smash into (and through) busy intersections, creating maximum damage to unlock new rewards and more features.
- 9 Race Modes: Single Race, Tournament, Lap Eliminator, Burning Lap, Road Rage, and more.
- Multiplayer Modes: Including Quick Line, Battle Race, Road Rage, and Party Crash, where 2-16 players participate in a pass-the-controller match-up.
- 7 Online Modes*: Race online with up to 6 players on the Xbox or PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Battle through full oncoming traffic in online variations of Crash Mode, Single Race, Road Rage, and more.
- 70+ Vehicles: 12 different classes including European exotics, American muscle cars, mid-size sedans, sports cars, compacts, buses, semi trucks, and more.
- 40+ Tracks: Driving locations span 3 continents. Take on and takedown opponents across a broad range of conditions and environments, and experience dozens of unique crash junctions.
- Crash Technology: Sophisticated crash technology recreates high-speed crashes with extreme detail and allows you to use your wheels as a weapon and takedown rivals, controlling the car even after impact
 Hardware Requirements
1 or 2 Players
Memory Card (8Mb)(for PlayStation 2): 81KB Minimum
Analog Control Compatible: all buttons
Vibration Function Campatible
Network Adapter (Ethernet, for PS2) Compatible: 2-8 Players