It's just another evening at a local bar, people are drinking and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Until, that is, members of a Special Forces strike team descend on the crowd and kidnap a young girl, Dominique. Trying to keep order as chaos erupts are the bar's three resident bouncers, Sion, Volt and Kou. What started off as a another night on the job soon turns into something much more sinister for these three door keepers!
The Bouncer combines heart-pounding action with Square's trademark storytelling skills and role-playing game (RPG) elements. The story begins at a bar as a bouncer named Sion is beginning his shift for the day. A quiet morning is abruptly interrupted when a break-in occurs and the intruders manage to kidnap Sion's friend Dominque. This begins a dangerous rescue mission, as Sion and his fellow bouncers travel far and wide in search of Dominique's kidnappers.
- Bilingual (English/Japanese) voiceover dialogue.
- Fluid gameplay-to-full-motion-video transitions.
- A complete 3D environment.
- Fine details like realistic facial expressions and real life tatoos.
- Three different game modes: Story, Versus, and Survival.
- Up to 4 simultaneous players.