In Birth of America, the player controls one of the major contenders of these 2 conflicts, trying to achieve military and political victory. It is a rather complete and detailed simulation of the two most important wars in Colonial America - from 1755 to 1783 - but with a simple and elegant new simultaneous turn-based engine
- Scope of the game covers all of North America, from Florida to Quebec and New England to Mississipi, from 1755 to 1783
- Game map is divided into more than 700 provinces, with a great diversity of terrain, climates and civilization levels. There are two camps fighting each other in all of the game's 10 scenarios
- Game turns correspond to one month of historical time. Scenarios vary from a few months to almost 9 years
- Players control mostly the military action of their nation. This includes such activities as drafting forces, building forts and depots, sieges and blockades, raiding enemy settlements and battles, both on land and at sea
- Troops are controlled at the regiment level and can be arranged into various needed detachments. Naval units come in the form of warship squadrons and flottillas. You can also manage supply wagons, water transport, forts and depots
- Wide diversity of troop types is implemented, including: light infantry; dragoons; siege artillery; rangers; indian warriors; marines; militias; ships of the line; frigates and lake flotillas
- There are more than ninety different models of units in all. All are rated for various aspects such as offensive and defensive strength, morale, experience, troop quality, geographical origin and movement type
- Large array of historical leaders (over 100) are included, some with their unique abilities such as capacity to setup ambushes or use speedy movement in the wilderness
- Political aspects of the conflict (especially during the War of Independence) are taken into account, impacting militia levies, minister in the homeland unwise intervention, rebels and tories shifting loyalties and the global path to victory
- A unique hand-made graphical design and work that reminds players of the boardgame spirit and quality handicraft of the 18th Century
 Hardware Requirements
- Windows 98 / ME / 200 / XP.
- Pentium III 800 MHz 128 Mb RAM.
- 1 GB Free Hard Drive Space.
- 4 Mb Video Card DirectX Compatible.
- DirectX Compatible Sound Card.
- DirectX 9.0 or higher.