Battlefield 2 User Reviews
- Incredible graphics, for those with the power to run them to their full potential.
- Addictive online multiplayer mode with lots of expansive, realistic maps.
- Weapons and classes are accurately and well designed. The system works.
- The tactical teamwork aspect (eg. Squads, Commanders, etc.), promoting interaction between team members.
- Accurately portrayed vehicles of all types which are incredibly fun to drive.
- A well thought out and competitive ranking system, with medals, badges and ribbons for special achievements (BFHQ), as well as unlockable weapons.
- The most frustrating game on the face of the earth. This is mainly unavoidable because of this online aspect, but many vehicles are overpowered, making for incredibly chaotic and frustrating gameplay; more so than most other games of this type. Especially if you're infantry.
- The people who play. Again, unavoidable, but competition for vehicles and teamkilling only adds to the frustration. Often, the teamwork and strategy aspect is ignored by most players as they try to rack up their own points with complete disregard for everyone else.
- The constant bugs. Updates rarely come, and most cause more problems than they solve, most of which aren't rectified until a number of months afterward. For example, the game used to crash for no apparent reason at the end of a map load during the 1.3 patch - a problem that was apparently ignored for several months.
- You'll need an insanely powerful machine to run it properly. Those lacking in this department, like myself, will be at a great disadvantage. Faster broadband is also a must.
- The ranking system actually makes it easier for the better players by giving them better weapons than the newcomers.
- Damage is often incredibly unrealistic. Headshots are dodgey.
- The single player mode is simply the online mode with bots. There's no story, which would have been a nice touch.
Battlefield 2... Incredibly addictive, but highly likely to spell the end for your computer if there's a blunt object to hand.
Basically, you are plunged straight into the action of a full scale modern war zone as either a USMC (Marine Corps), Chinese People's Liberation Army, or MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition) soldier of specific class, which you yourself can choose each time you die and at the start of the map. Each class has different abilities; for example, medics can heal and revive injured allies, Special Forces can destroy tanks with C4, and Engineers can repair broken machinery and pl...
+ Great Online Mode + Long Lifepsan + A lot of Awards, Ribbons and badges etc. to unlock + Great Maps to play onThe bad:
- No Single Player Mode - Not many players use Headsets - Not enough Weapons to unlock - Dodgy UpdatesSummary:
A Typical PC Game. Or so you think when you first take a glimpse. Battlefield 2 is a war game. As I said 'A Typical PC Game' but the moment you start playing, it's so much better than any other War game. The detail EA have out into the maps is excellent and the amount of time you'll spend gawping at the great graphics is unbelieveable. But the main reason to get this game is for Online Mode. Playing against other players from across the world is always good but playing them on BF2 makes it that bit sweeter. Sadly, not enough players use headsets which is a shame as it could real help ...
Great Sound effects
Great online moultiplyer
Terrible singleplayer, no story mode
Takes alot of money to run
Many bugs and glitches
After playing the previous battlefield games, 1942 and vietnam, Id have to say that BF2 takes the cake. If you're not familiar to the Battlefield genre, the basics of this game are you try to capture control points and the more control points you have on the field, the more your enemies tickets decrease and when you or your enemies' tickets reach zero, that team loses.
The new addition to BF2 is the squad feature which lets you join up with a squad within a team and you get to talk privately to members of your squad and your leader which makes for more strategic gameplay. You may use a ...
Battlefield 2 is strongly based on teamwork and the teamwork in this game is VERY easy and VERY fun. Just like in Battlefield 1942, you have two teams, that can be divided in to small squads. All of the squads will be commanded either by the commander or the squadleader. Working in the same squad with 2-3 friends of yours in the Internet can be one of the greatest gameplay experiences ever.
The graphics in Battlefield 2 are just beautiful and they make the game very pleasant to play. Therefore of course Battlefield 2 has quite tough hardware requirements.
-Gameplay and features
Battlefield 2 has another greatness and that is that on the battlefield you have such a huge variety of "tools" to work with, such as many different types of helicopters, jets, cars, tanks, armoured vehicles and boats. You also have many stationary weapons such as machine guns and anti-aircraft missiles to work with.
also both teams can choose a commander, who can give the men in front line artillery or uav-support or just simply send some supplies.
Another feature that I like about the game is, that when you say something on a radio to your teammates like for example "I need a medic here", then the Americans say it in English, the Chinese in Chinese and the Iraqui in Persian.
Well then, what is bad about Battlefield 2. Well, there's not much, but there is something. For example even when the game has a singleheadshotkill still when you try to shoot you'r enemy to his body you will have to waste almost a whole clip in him (shotgun is a exeption offcourse).
Just like in Battlefield 1942 you have two teams, that are supposed to steal controlpoints from each other (Don't get me wrong for I think that this feature is great), but there is no connection between the control points, so anyone can sneak or parachute behind enemylines and steal a control point where is no enemies (because they all are in the frontline)and I think, that that features breaks the game ones in a while.
The idea of the game is that there are two teams who try to steal flags (or controlpoints) from each other. Both team has a same amount of tickets and by holding more flags than the other team, you can lower the enemys ticket rate. The winner is the team who first lowers the enemys tickets to zero or holds all the controlpoints on the map and kills all the enemy troops at the same time.
there are three countries America, China and Iraq. The game also has a single player option but it is exactly the same as multi player, but with A.I.
So Battlefield 2 is a game, that can provide you, fps-gamef...
- Here is a way to unlock all weapons in (BF2) SP without downloading 36
- For anyone who still wantst to play battlefied 2 / 2142 0
- can't install bf2 on win 8.1 0
- Convert Single player maps to Co-op? 1
- Player Amount 0
- Patch 1.50? 0
- Good server, looking for staff 0
- BF2 Crash To Desktop Workaround under Win 7 in Origin and Steam 1
- Critical error 0
- Battlefield 2 problem 1
- L96A1 unlock help from someone, please :) 0
- how do i get the L96A1? 65