Batman: Arkham Asylum is the first of a series of modern Batman reboot games set in a dark and gritty take on the Batman lore, featuring a fresh free flowing combat system where players can chain combinations against large groups of opponents. The game combines stealth elements, plenty of combat, and puzzle solving with a story and setting that evokes the darker aspects of the Batman mythos.
The game takes place in Arkham Asylum, an institution famed for being home to many of Gotham's worst psychopaths. The Joker is being transferred to Arkham Asylum under Batman's supervision, but things go awry when he escapes custody and manages to take control of the facility, releasing its inmates and trapping Batman alongside the very thugs he helped put away.
The story is co-written by DC Writer and producer Paul Dini, who later also helped write the sequel, Batman: Arkham City.
The game is set in a 3rd person, 3d style perspective as Batman. Combat is "free flowing", where players must time to block or counter attacks coming at them from all directions. The free flow nature aspect means that Batman will chain attacks together and allows for some really smooth and satisfying combos, especially as the enemy count increases and as the chained combo count increases. Players must also use stealth and "take downs" to unlock achievements, while searching for clues and other collectibles to unlock 100% of the game's achievements.
- Features simple hand-to-hand combat (three buttons) but they can be used to string together many different combos
- "The World's Greatest Detective" achievements: get fingerprints, take photos, and investigate areas much like the game Condemned
- Supervillians; Joker and Croc
- Enemies visually become more frantic and frightened as you kill off their comrades, especially if you do it stealthily.
- Several takedowns that look really cool
- Face huge groups of opponents and (if you are skilled enough) chain combos until you take them all down in one fluid fight.
 Hardware Specs
- CPU: Intel single core 3 Ghz or AMD equivalent
- Memory: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
- GPU: Shader Model 3 NVidia 6600 or ATI 1300 or higher
- CPU: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Dual core)
- Memory: XP = 2GB, Vista = 3GB
- GPU: NVidia 7900 GT or higher
- Enhanced for multi-core