Auto Modellista User Reviews
All racing games are made for the same purpose: to provide fun for the consumer who buys it, and give the consumer a sense that what is happening on the screen could happen in real life, because of some sense of realism in it. If the game gives you a real sense of how the car controls and fast the cars feel compared to what the speedometer, then the racing game could be considers at least, average. If the game does not get the basics right, then everything else just goes horribly wrong from there. Auto Modellista gets nothing right from the start, leaving you with a broken mess of a racer, ...
Lots of nice cars.
Cool tracks to race on.
Nice weather effects.
Ability to customize your car.
Ability to play online.
Ability to build your garage the way you want it to look like.
Graphics are very good.
The turning sucks.Summary:
This racing game might not be the best out there but its a lot of fun. There are a lot of nice cars to choose from that you can costumize. Lots of nice upgrades to put on your car to make it fast. Another thing is that you can customize your garage. There are tons of posters and itmes like tool boxes that you can put in your garage to make it the way you want to look like. The graphics are very good and I was pretty amazed by them when I first played the game. The races are fun and some are also challenging. There arent that many races but the game is fun till it lasts. The only bad thing a...
A car tweaker's dreamThe bad:
Supercars that drive like pick-up trucksSummary:
I'm confused. Is Auto Modellista a car-and garage-decorating simulator, or a racing game? If it's the former, it gets a 4.5. If it's the latter--and i'm pretty sure "racing game" is what the team at Capcom wrote on the big white board a couple years ago, right after "what kind of game should we make next" --well, you see the score i gave it.
Auto Modellista has two major flaws: For one, the handling is all screwed up. Cars drift like crazy, and even a stock Civic oversteers like a pig. But it's not fun, Ridge Racer-y drift; it's horrible, speed-sapping, almost-come-to-a-complete-stop d...
Everything! Plus, I just LOVE the wind detail when you drive fast! Designed to outperform GT3 in every way.The bad:
Sorry! Couldn't find any!Summary:
AM is THE essential game for any collector's library. How do you get those graphics onto the screen? The fact that it's for PS2 shocks me even more. Sorry, GT3 fans, but there's no racing game that can beat the Japan-Style, white-knucle powered, supreme detailed supergame that IS Auto Modellista.
When I first heard about a new cel-shaded racing game on the PS2, I didn't really have a reaction. But when I laid my eyes on the graphics of Auto Modellista for the first time, my jaws nearly dropped. The game looked amazing, and it was incredibly hyped. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for the beta testing, but oh well. I did finally get my hands on it...
The graphics for Auto Modellista are just stunning. Who knew that a cel-shaded racing game could look this beautiful? The cars are greatly detailed, and most players will be able to identify the cars. The developers did a g...
1. The graphics are pretty nice.
2. A lot of good cars.
3. Brand name parts/ cars
5. There i ran out.
1. Cheap driving skills (dont have to be an expert to beat the game)
2. Online gameplay is very small (almost 100 players online on the best days, thats less than 1 person per city thats playing it)
3. 6 hours your done with the game.
4. Cars are free (ALL the cars are free)
5. Parts are free (the world isnt free)
6. Customising takes almost no skill.
7. You can crash into the walls for better track times.
8. Online teams arnt any fun.
9. Gameshark codes are out so expect cheaters online.
10. My CTR is faster than my Skyline around some tracks.
11. The menu is very bad.
12. The brand name parts are useless, they dont do any diffrence on the cars performance, all they do is try and sell. (they "say" the tier brands make a difference)
13. Not enough tracks.
14. Stickers are small and can only be placed in certain places.
Thats it (there are more i just cant think of anymore right now) I woulndt recommend this game, maybe renting it, not buying it though. I was dumb enough to fall into the medias hands. I'm trying to return my game, get my money back and buy something better.
- does anyone know how to unlock all the cars??? 3
- Whats with the hate for Auto Modelista? 2
- Introduce Yourselves 33
- Online Thread 0
- is it worth buying? 2
- Is This Game Broadband only ? 4
- Has anyone got the American version yet/today ? 38
- Whats up with Stickers? 7
- online notice 0
- I need some help!!!! 1
- online problem: could not connect to a lobby server 1
- number of players online 2