Eternal Mana is the latest in a long-running series of alchemy-themed RPGs, beginning with Atelier Marie for the Sega Saturn. "Atelier" is in fact an English word -- it's a somewhat anachronistic term for an artisan's workshop. In this case, it refers to the laboratory where players cook up alchemical creations, in between questing abroad to explore new areas and acquire new ingredients.
- Beautifully hand-drawn 2D backgrounds combined with detailed character animation.
- There are over 300 creatable items.
- Action controls allow players to run, jump, and attack like in an action game.
- Take on the role of a young alchemist named Krein Kiesling.
- Krein travels the world of Regallzine to unlock the hidden secrets of alchemy.
- The world of Regallzine, the dwelling place of the Great Spirit, Mana, is comprised of 3 continents surrounded by a vast sea.