The year is 50 BC. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. Among these resolute Gauls are our two heroes: Asterix and Obelix. One day, when Asterix and Obelix are out hunting, Caesar's troops take advantage of their absence and capture the other villagers. Even worse, the invaders also seize the druid, Getafix, along with the magic strength potion he was brewing! Caesar has left nothing to chance. The Gaulish prisoners are triple-locked to carts, each closely guarded by a whole legion of Romans. The carts are taken to the farthest corners of the Roman Empire, and the cauldron of potion is on its way to Rome. When they return to their village, Asterix and Obelix quickly figure out what has happened, and they immediately search for their friends. So begins an adventure of historic proportions.
- Players can interchange between both Asterix & Obelix, and even send Dogmatix into battle to chomp on an enemy Roman
- Powerful combinations and attack moves to acquire: twister fusion, power hammer, earthquake, atomic magic potion, plus 10 special attacks
- An extra-large adventure: fight up to 70 Roman soldiers in a single battle, face up to 20 types of enemies
- 40 huge levels to discover: explore 47 sites across 6 different countries
- Amazing graphics: upgraded characters, photo-realistic backgrounds, special effects and hilarious animation
This game is also known as Asterix & Obelix XXL in Europe.