The world experienced a period of rapid population growth which put a strain on global food and energy supplies. As populations increased, so did the gap between the wealthy and the poor and so did the unrest between the classes. Eventually, violence began to erupt and the governments quickly lost control of their populations as their cities were consumed by terrorism and anarchy. People began turning to corporations, complete with private armies, to keep them safe from the chaos.
In the midst of the meltdown, the world's six most powerful corporate conglomerates decided to do away with national governments and install their own brand of rule and law. They launched a full scale war on the nations of the world which came to be known as the Nation Dismantlement War.
Using advanced Armored Core technology, the corporations decimated the forces of the nations and declared victory in less than a month. The old nations of the world had been toppled and the corporations set to work on a new system of government.
Armored Core 4 features a customization system, where players can create their own mechs by switching components such as the head, arms, and legs of the mech's body. The game featurea a few hundred components for customization, and players can also change each component's colors to give it a new look. By taking on missions and earning bonuses, the player can purchase even more powerful parts to make their mech stronger.
- Multiplayer functionality allows up to eight players to battle online.
- Join one of six factions specializing in different aspects of battle.
- 30 missions played out in detailed futuristic 3D environments.
- Fly through canyons and rip through cities engaging multiple enemies.
- Deploy "Quick Boost" and "Over Boost" features for precise explosive movement and precision control of AC units.
- Engage "Primal Armor" the all-new defense shield that adjusts its strength according to specific battle conditions.
- Play online agianst players from all over the world via XBOX LIVE.
This game is also known as Project Force in North America.