Specter and the monkeys are back and determined to rule the world! Under Specter's command, the mischievous monkeys are taking control of your television and airing programming that will cloud the mind of anyone who watches. Heroes Yumi and Kei dash through the TV studios capturing monkeys just as their outrageous shows hit the airwaves. Help us stop this primetime primate invasion!
- Battle the -monkeys on different television stages where some will be plainly visible, and others will be hiding. Capture a preset number of apes in order to advance to the next level. After a stage has been cleared, players can go back and collect the remaining apes.
- Take down the -monkeys using a variety of weapons, including the primary weapon which is a net a to grab them. Players will earn new weapons throughout the game as they progress including a propeller, radar sensor and hoolahoop.
- Enhanced monkey AI allows monkeys to dodge attacks and net attempts. Monkeys will become enraged and knock attacking weapons or a net out of a player's hands and collect them for their own use in battle. If players are hit with the Time Net while it is in an ape's possession, they will be sent out of the level.
- Choose to play as either Kei or Yumi at the start of the game with the new ability to transform into various morphs each with a unique style of gameplay.
- Fill up the transformation meter to transform into various morphs to complete certain missions and boss battles, as well as gain access to hidden locations with the game. Morphs include:
- The Fantasy Knight that will avoid enemy attacks and fire by using a huge shield.
- The Wild West Kid will perform a long distance attack by using a paint gun.
- The Miracle Ninja has special skills such as creating one's double, wall running and the flying squirrel move.
- The Genie Dancer has a mysterious power to summon the Genie. Make the Genie dance and the apes will follow.
- The Dragon Kung Fu Fighter will unleash extremely powerful consecutive attacks.
- The Cyber Ace will perform electric and penetrating actions.
- In a collaboration with SCEI and KONAMI, play in the Mesal Gear Solid mode which parodies the Metal Gear Solid franchise.
- Play two different mini-games including the Super Monkey Throw Stadium where players compete flying distance by throwing monkeys, or the Ultim-ape Fighting game where two monkeys battle using the two analog sticks.
This game is also known as Sarugechu 3 in Japan.