Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion brings 5 new civilisations in the AoE world, among them, Mayas and Aztecs. New technologies, new combat units and unique gameplay with the Aztecs and Mayas (no horse), new campaigns made their appearance. The Conquerors is the add-on of the real-time strategy game Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, still developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Games Studio.
You take control of a civilisation during missions. Each of them has different features: some can access a particular technology the others can't. You control civilians that will build, hunt, fish, cut wood, bring gold/stone, etc.. You can also order to buildings to produce a specific unity. Also, you will have to build an army for defending and conquering your enemy. You can also make trade with your allies without forgetting that you can also explore the seas with boats. Your goal is to win but for doing it, you will have to advance in age. You have four ages and each one bring new buildings, new technologies (you'll have to develop them for improving your civilisation) and new units.
- 5 new civilizations like Huns, Aztecs, Koreans, Spanish and Mayans adding to the 13 already present in AoE II: Age of Kings
- 4 new campaigns focused on such heroes like El Cid or Attila
- 11 new units like Turtle Boat or Hussar Calvary unit without forgetting the unique unit for the new civilizations: Aztec Jaguar Man, Mayan Plumed Archer, Spanish Conquistador and Hun Tarkan.
- 26 new technologies and among them, the unique technologie specific to each civilization
- New maps type like dense forest in Yucatan or Ghost Frozen lake
- Improvement for farms: they reimplant automatically
- Units can be in garnison into siege units for more efficience Note for editors: the ancient feature is concerning another game than AoE II: The conquerors