Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not only for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, generations of guardians have long protected the truth, preserving the vast parkland while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained, and paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again.
Alone in the Dark will be split into a number of distinct episodes. With approximately 30-40 minutes of gameplay comprising each episode, the structure of Alone in the Dark pulls you into world that delivers a fiercely gripping and terrifying experience. Each time the player launches a saved game, the episode will begin with a video summary of the previous episode to quickly re-immerse the player in the story and removing the need to remember where they were or what they were doing. Every episode will close with a nail-biting cliff-hanger ending to rattle players’ nerves, and if the player is leaving the game a video teaser of the next episode will play to leave them wanting more. Alone in the Dark will provide a complete next-generation, action packed experience within a highly detailed, free roaming environment, featuring a mixture of real-time physics and full environmental interaction.
- Central Park: one of the world's most iconic and best loved urban landmarks, Central Park has been accurately reproduced using satellite data and thousands of photographs;
- Captivating story: The story reveals the conspiracy behind Central Park and challenges beliefs on the afterlife, based on ideas and theories drawn from real-world spiritual philosophies;
- Narrative Intensity: taking cues from blockbuster TV dramas, the story is told in a TV season-style narrative structure to deliver the maximum intensity throughout, keeping the player hooked;
- Real world rules: revolutionary technology brings a new level of environmental interaction to the gameplay where anything you could do in real life, you can do in the game;
- Immersion: the player is plunged into the heart of the action in real-time with full movement control, in-game inventory system, on-body damage and healing system, and physiological effects;
- Photographic Rendering: Eden's proprietary Twilight technology and rendering engine create a lavishly detailed game world with highly realistic and advanced cinematographic effects including depth of field, camera focus, numerous light sources, moisture, reflections and High Dynamic Range effects.
 Hardware Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista 32 bits and 64 bits Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.6 GHz or Athlon X2 +3800 (Intel Pentium Core 2 2.2 GHz recommended) Memory: 1 GB RAM under XP and 2 GB RAM under Vista (2GB recommended) Hard Disk Space: 8.5 GB free DVD-ROM Drive: 4X speed or faster (read double layer) Video (PCI express): NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX or ATI Radeon X1650 XT or better (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS or ATI Radeon HD3850 or better recommended) with 256 Mo (512 Mo recommended) Video (AGP): Nvidia 7900 GT or ATI 1950XT or better Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher