StoryThundering helicopters tear through the skies overhead, wet muddy terrain sinks under your feet and tragic casualties cover the ground you crawl along. All the excitement of the big screen is finally coming to the small screen in Platoon, the first action RTS set during the Vietnam War. Control an entire platoon through missions based on historical events such as Operation "Shiny Bayonet" and the Pleiku Campaign and take part in one of the world's most groundbreaking wars and its most legendary war movie – Platoon!
- Official MGM license from Academy award winning film, Platoon.
- Covers the war from 1965 to the height of battle in 1968.
- Speed & enemy detection (line of sight and sound) change according to terrain.
- Manage up to 30 soldiers: engineers, commandos, snipers and rifle squads.
- 3D terrain complete with elephant grass, rice paddy, jungle, marsh and bunkers.
- Dynamic weather effects (wind, rain, fog, moonsoons...)
- The environment affects the soldiers' abilities.
- Dynamic shadows on character and grass effects using vertex shaders.
- A scalable level of detail (L.O.D.)
- Campaign includes numerous missions based on actual US Army operations.
- Head-to-head network play with 4 exclusive maps.
- Musical score from BAFTA award winning musician Tamás KREINER.
|Forest Whitaker||Big Harold|
|John C. McGinley||Sgt. O'Neill|
|Mark Moses||Lt. Wolfe|
|Tom Berenger||Sgt. Barnes|
|Willem Dafoe||Sgt. Elias|
|J. Adam Glover||Sanderson|
|Dale Dye||Captain Harris|
|Steve Barredo||Fu Sheng|
|Andrew B. Clark||Tubbs|
|Oliver Stone||Alpha Company Major in Bunker|
- What a Great Movie! Jan 29
SventheCrusader and 7 others own Platoon
GogetaSSJ4Rules and 6 others watched Platoon
Apr 28, 04 6:45pm
War is hell. And this movie shows it. There is no mission or goal in this movie...
- Genre: War Movies
- Theme(s): Military
- Director: Oliver Stone
- Producer: MGM/UA
- Length: 120 min
- Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Theatrical Release North America Dec 24, 1986
Ratings North America R Europe 15 Japan R-15 Australia M
DVD Release North America Jun 5, 2001 Europe Aug 15, 2000