Release Dates NA Nov 2, 01 EU Feb 8, 02 JP Mar 2, 02 AU Dec 26, 01
Plankton1652 and 24 others own Monsters, Inc.
LilPokaboo and 16 others watched Monsters, Inc.
StoryThe folks at Pixar can do no wrong with Monsters, Inc., the studio's fourth feature film, which stretches the computer animation format in terms of both technical complexity and emotional impact. The giant, blue-furred James P. "Sulley" Sullivan (wonderfully voiced by John Goodman) is a scare-monster extraordinaire in the hidden world of Monstropolis, where the scaring of kids is an imperative in order to keep the entire city running. Beyond the competition to be the best at the business, Sullivan and his assistant, the one-eyed Mike Wazowski (Billy Crystal), discover what happens when the real world interacts with theirs in the form of a 2-year-old baby girl dubbed "Boo," who accidentally sneaks into the monster world with Sulley one night. Director Pete Doctor and codirectors David Silverman and Lee Unkrich follow the Pixar (Toy Story) blueprint with an imaginative scenario, fun characters, and ace comic timing. By the last heart-tugging shot, kids may never look at monsters the same, nor artists at what computer animation can do in the hands of magicians. --Doug Thomas
- Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX)
- Commentary by filmmakers Pete Docter, Lee Unkrich, Andrew Stanton, John Lasseter
- All New Animated Short Film "Mike's New Car" (Created Exclusively for the DVD)
- "For The Birds" - 2001 Oscar Winner For Best Animated Short Film
- Hilarious Outtakes
- The Monsters, Inc Company Play (New Animation)
- Boo's Door Game - All New Set Top Game
- Monsters Inc. Music Video
- Finding Nemo - An Exclusive Sneak Peak Of Disney/Pixar's Summer 2002 Feature Film
- Two Worlds to Explore: The Monster World and The Human World
- Pixar Tour
- Discover how computer animation works
- See how Monstroplis was created
- Abandoned Concepts
- Disney DVD Story time: Welcome to Monstropolis
- Animation gags
- Location flyarounds
- Never-before-seen tests
- And much more!
- Number of discs: 2
VHS Features<li type="square">Animated, Color, Closed-captioned, NTSC
<li type="square">Oscar nominated Pixar short "For The Birds"
<li type="square">Sneak peak of "Finding Nemo"
<li type="square">Outtakes/Company Play
<li type="square">Animated Short "Mike's New Car"
- Monsters, Inc. (2002)
- Monsters, Inc. Scream Team (2001)
- Monsters, Inc. Scream Arena (2002)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)