Release Dates NA Feb 7, 74
Xeros the Slayer and 5 others own Blazing Saddles
Lesley Pro_04 and 1 others watched Blazing Saddles
Deis Jan 27, 07 9:32am
*content removed by author*
*content removed by author* *content removed by author*...
StoryMel Brooks scored his first commercial hit with this raucous Western spoof starring the late Cleavon Little as the newly hired (and conspicuously black) sheriff of Rock Ridge. Sheriff Bart teams up with deputy Jim (Gene Wilder) to foil the railroad-building scheme of the nefarious Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman). The simple plot is just an excuse for a steady stream of gags, many of them unabashedly tasteless, that Brooks and his wacky cast pull off with side-splitting success. The humor is so juvenile and crude that you just have to surrender to it; highlights abound, from the lunkheaded Alex Karras as the ox-riding Mongo to Madeline Kahn's uproarious send-up of Marlene Dietrich as saloon songstress Lili Von Shtupp. Adding to the comedic excess is the infamous campfire scene involving a bunch of hungry cowboys, heaping servings of baked beans and, well, you get the idea. --Jeff Shannon
- Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
- All-new digital transfer and remastered Dolby 5.1 sound
- Scene-specific commentary by director/co-writer Mel Brooks
- Cast/Crew Reunion documentary "Back in the Saddle"
- Excerpt of "Intimate Portrait: Madeline Kahn Remembers"
- "Black Bart" 1975 TV Pilot that inspired the film
- Additional scenes
|Harvey Korman||Hedley Lamarr|
|Madeline Kahn||Lili Von Shtupp|
|Mel Brooks||Governor William J. Lepetomane|