Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Red Orchid review
What a surprising ending
The biggest surprise about Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid is that it is nowhere as bad as it looks and sounds. Granted, it's still bad, but it could have been a lot worse. It's a sequel to the 1997 movie Anaconda, a surprisingly campy horror trash movie that starred Jon Voight, Ice Cube, Jennifer Lopez, and Owen Wilson, some of them before they became really big stars. Nobody asked for a sequel, yet here one is. There are a bunch more nameless actors, all hoping to recreate Lopez's eventual route to superstardom (haha). Sadly, the script is so limp that it's hard to even remember their character's names. Hunt for the Blood Orchid is basically a stupid movie that people can chuckle at while watching. One could say that the acting is horrible, but then again, the actors manage not to laugh while uttering their lines, so that says something about their ability.
They couldn't even make it trashy fun. Most of the intended comic relief comes up flat, and it's just plain sad that they couldn't create one memorable character. It's just lots of bad dialogue in a place where there aren't even any anacondas. Hunt for the Blood Orchid also takes its time in setting everything up, with nothing happening for about twenty minutes. Things after that move mercifully quick. It's a shame the Asian sidekick had to die.
- Film Club Week 26 pt 1 - Man of Steel 
- Cinema Lounge: Friday the 31st 
- What Have You Seen This Month? (February '16 Edition) 
- Disney/Pixar's The Good Dinosaur (2014) 
- Film Club - Week 26 Movie Selection 
- Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice (2016) 
- He-Man 
- How Much for Popcorn and a Soda 
- The Fast and the Furious 9 and 10 Release Dates Confirmed 
- 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (TBA) 
- Joy 
- Conan the Conqueror