Story"A race like no other in history," Jerry Bruckheimer's Emmy magnet begins (and ends) in New York with 11 teams of 22 competitors. In the end, only one team will be left standing. Their prize? One million dollars. To win, they will have to travel the world using clues, a modicum of cash, and their minds. Patience, endurance, and a sense of direction certainly won't hurt (plane tickets, fortunately, are prepaid).
The 2001 season is divided into 13 episodes (including two-part finale "Race to the Finish"). Instead of Immunity, there are Fast Forwards. The first team to find one goes straight to the next Pit Stop (rest area), bypassing any Roadblocks (tasks) left in the leg, while a Detour is a choice between two tasks. Some of the more hair-raising stunts include bungee jumping in Zambia ("The Race Begins") and beetle-munching in Beijing ("Fight to the Last Minute"). Other exotic ports of call include Paris, Rome, Tunis, New Delhi, and Bangkok." - Amazon.com
- Available Subtitles: English
- Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
- "All Access Pass" - 90 minutes of additional scenes not shown on television
- A special "Look Back" recap of the season
- In-depth interviews with host Phil Keoghan and executive producers Jerry Bruckheimer and Bertram van Munster
- Audio commentaries on 4 episodes