About this Product
• Supports 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1155 socket
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® Z77 Chipset
• Support four DDR3 DIMMs 1066/1333/1600/1866*/2000*/2133*/2200*/2400*/2600*/2667*/2800*(OC) DRAM (32GB Max)
- Supports Dual-Channel mode
- To support DDR3 2200*/2400*/2600*/2667*/2800*(OC) ,you must install an Intel 22nm CPU
• 3 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots
• 4 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
• SATAIII controller integrated in Intel® Z77 chipset
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATA ports (SATA1~2) by Z77
• SATAIII controller integrated in ASMedia® ASM 1061 chipset
- Up to 6Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports two SATA ports (SATA7~8) by ASM 1061
(If you set external SATA 6Gb/s ports to AHCI mode, we highly recommend that you install Windows 7.)
• SATAII controller integrated in Intel® Z77 chipset
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports four SATA ports (SATA3~6)
- SATA1~6 ports support Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (AHCI / RAID 0/1/5/10) by Intel Z77
• 2 USB 3.0 rear I/O ports by Intel® Z77
• 1 USB 3.0 onboard connector by Intel® Z77
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC898
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Supports one PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Intel® 82579
• Supports ATI® CrossFire™ Technology
• Supports NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
• Supports Lucid® Virtu Universal MVP
Internal I/O Connectors
- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector
- 1 x IEEE 1394 connector
- 1 x Multi BIOS Switch
- 1 x TPM Module connector
- 1 x Front Panel connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x Voice Genie connector (optional)
- 1 x MultiConnect Panel connector (optional)
- 1 x V-Check Points Set
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x OC Genie button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- CPU x 1 / System x 4 FAN connectors
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x Coaxial S/PDIF-out port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF-out port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN jack
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
- 1 x HDMI® port with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @60Hz
- 1 x DisplayPort with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @60Hz
- 1 x VGA port with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @75Hz
MSI Reminds You...
• HDMI, DVI-D & Graphics Card support dual-display function by any two output ports (HDMI+DVI, DVI+VGA or VGA+HDMI).
• The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.5cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.
MSI Z77A-GD80 Reviews Rating: out of based on
|PC Perspective||---||Oct 30 '12|
|Real World Labs||---||Aug 09 '12|
|TBreak||---||May 29 '12|
|Submit a review link|
MSI Z77A-GD80 Roundups and Shootouts
|MSI Z77A-GD80 Review||KitGuru||--||Jun 21 '12|
PC Perspective on Oct 30 '12
"In a crowded Z77 chipset motherboard, the GD80 is a great all around option. Beyond being a rock solid motherboard, the GD80 was the first Intel certified Thunderbolt motherboard. Even though it is..."Read full review