About this Product
APU FM2+ Socket:
AMD A series processors
AMD Athlon™ series processors
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
- Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
- The maximum 64 GB of system memory can be supported using 16 GB (or above) memory modules. GIGABYTE will update the memory support list on the official website when the memory modules are available on the market.
Support for DDR3 2400(OC)/2133/1866/1600/1333 MHz memory modules
Support for AMD Memory Profile (AMP)/Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
Onboard Graphics APU with integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 8000/7000 series graphics:
- To use the onboard graphics port, you must install an AMD APU with integrated graphics.
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
- Support for 2560x1600 resolution requires both a monitor and cable that support Dual Link DVI.
- The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
- The resolution of 4096x2160 can be supported when using an FM2+ APU; the maximum resolution supported is 1920x1200 when using an FM2 APU.
- Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
- The DisplayPort does not support Hot plug. If you want to change to another graphics port when the computer is on, be sure to turn off the computer first.
- Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
Realtek® ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
Realtek® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
- For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
- To support PCI Express 3.0, you must install an FM2+ APU.
- The PCIEX1_3 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. When the PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot will operate at up to x1 mode.
(The PCIEX4 and PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1 x PCI slot
Support for AMD CrossFire™ technology (PCIEX16 and PCIEX8)
Support for AMD Dual Graphics technology
- Only A series APUs support AMD Dual Graphics.
7 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~6)
1 x eSATA connector on the back panel
- Actual transfer rate is dependent on the device being connected.
4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 8 ports available through the internal USB headers)
VIA® VL805 chip:
4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
7 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x APU fan header
3 x system fan headers
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x serial port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x power button
1 x reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
Back Panel Connectors
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
1 x HDMI port
1 x DisplayPort
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x eSATA connector
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
iTE® I/O Controller Chip
System voltage detection
APU/System temperature detection
APU/System fan speed detection
APU overheating warning
APU/System fan fail warning
APU/System fan speed control
- Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
2 x 64 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS™
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.6, ACPI 2.0a
Support for @BIOS
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Support for EasyTune
- Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
Support for ON/OFF Charge
Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
Support for Windows 8.1/8/7 32-bit/64-bit
- If you plan to install Windows 8.1, please download the latest drivers from GIGABYTE's website.
- To support Windows XP 32-bit, you must install an AMD FM2 Trinity APU.
ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 Reviews Rating: out of based on
|website||score||publish date||article quality|
|Overclock Intelligence Agency||---||Feb 19 '14|
|Submit a review link|
Overclock Intelligence Agency on
"The F2A88X-UP4 is a full-on enthusiast and very overclock-friendly board. If there were any corners cut, they're not readily apparent."Read full review