About this Product
APU FM2 Socket:
AMD A series processors
AMD Athlon™ series processors
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
- Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
Support for DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
Support for AMD Memory Profile (AMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
Onboard Graphics APU:
- To use the onboard graphics ports, you must install an AMD APU with integrated graphics.
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
- Support for 2560x1600 resolution requires both a monitor and cable that support Dual Link DVI.
- The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
(The DisplayPort port does not support Hot plug. If you want to change to another graphics port when the computer is on, be sure to turn off the computer first.)
Realtek ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
- For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
- The PCIEX1_3 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. When the PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot will operate at up to x1 mode.
(All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1 x PCI slot
Support for AMD CrossFire™ technology
Support for AMD Dual Graphics technology
- Only A series APUs support AMD Dual Graphics.
7 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~6) supporting up to 7 SATA 6Gb/s devices
1 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector on the back panel supporting up to 1 SATA 6Gb/s device
- Actual transfer rate is dependent on the device being connected.
Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Up to 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 8 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Etron EJ168 chip:
Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
- Be sure to connect your USB device(s) to the USB 2.0/1.1 ports before the USB 3.0 driver is installed. (Refer to the labels in section 1-8, "Back Panel Connectors.")
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
7 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x APU fan header
4 x system fan headers
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x serial port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x power button
1 x reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
Back Panel Connectors
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
1 x HDMI port
1 x DisplayPort
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x eSATA 6Gb/s connector
1 x RJ-45 port
6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
iTE I/O Controller Chip
System voltage detection
APU/System temperature detection
APU/System fan speed detection
APU overheating warning
APU/System fan fail warning
APU/System fan speed control
- Whether the APU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the APU/system cooler you install.
2 x 64 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS™
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.6, ACPI 2.0a
Support for @BIOS
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Support for EasyTune
- Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
Support for Auto Green
Support for ON/OFF Charge
Support for 3TB+ Unlock
Support for Q-Share
Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
LucidLogix Virtu MVP
- Make sure the monitor cable has been connected to the integrated graphics port on the back panel.
Support for Microsoft® Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
|Benchmark Reviews||8.65/10||Oct 25 '12|
|eTeknix.com||---||Oct 04 '12|
|KitGuru||---||Oct 02 '12|
|PC Perspective||---||Feb 15 '13|
|PureOverclock.com||5/5||Oct 24 '12|
|techPowerUp!||9.7/10||Nov 13 '12|
|Submit a review link|
Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 Roundups and Shootouts
|Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 Review||X-bit labs||--||Feb 03 '13|
Benchmark Reviews on Dec 06 '12
"Unless you plan on using dual discrete graphics on the Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4, then an A75 motherboard will offer you the same functionality. I'm just not sure how many people are in the market for an..."Read full review
eTeknix.com on Oct 05 '12
"Taking a look at the rest of the performance, we clearly saw that within PCMark7, the board ticked all of the right boxes by giving some clear cut results, ahead of the competition. When..."Read full review
KitGuru on Oct 02 '12
"An excellent motherboard from Gigabyte that offers a very strong challenge against the Asus F2A85-V Pro."Read full review
PC Perspective on Feb 15 '13
"Overall the GA-F2A85X-UP4 is a well rounded board with some very interesting features. It has been a solid and stable motherboard throughout testing, and the performance is right on par with the..."Read full review
PureOverclock.com on Oct 25 '12
"If your looking for a low priced platform, Trinity is definitely a great bang for the buck and Gigabyte has a winner with the GA-F2A85X-UP4 Motherboard"Read full review