To make your movies more desirable to the crowd, there are certain genre interests depending on the time period. To check the interests hold a scriptwriter over a certain type of movie. When you do this, you will be given a bubble showing the interest of a specific genre. This way you will know what the crowd wants!
CUSTOM SCRIPT OFFICE REQUIRED.
If you feel that all your stars are only good at performing one genre, and you want to try a new one, just follow these instructions. IF YOU ARE UP TO THE REAL CHALLENGE, MAKE THE STARS PRACTICE THE NEW GENRE, BUT THIS AVOIDS THAT BORING PROCESS.
1. Open up a blank script
1. Make your scripters write a script on the genre you wish to try out and drag it to the ADVANCED MOVIE MAKER room
2. Change the genre to the GENRE YOUR STARS ARE GOOD AT PERFORMING.
3. Make your script in the genre you wish to try out OR keep the script the scripters gave you
Now, you can release your new movie, in the genre you like, without getting bad reviews about character experience.
My Guys are good in Comedy and bad in Horror, so what I did was edit my Horror movie, so it says its a Comedy. Now, the stars think it\'s a comedy film so they do brilliantly!!
Notice: This is taking advantage of a feature the developers did not look into. Notive it does not review you on how the movie relates to its Genre.
This will let you choose from either; 1930, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 2000 at the start of Sandbox mode.
1. Click 'Start' and then 'Run'
2. Type in 'regedit' (just the text)
3. Click on the names in this order; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lionhead Studios Ltd\TheMovies
4. Once you've gone to 'The Movies', double click on 'Allow Any Decade'
5. In the 'Value Data' box, change the '0' to a '1' and then press 'OK'
6. Close the window, start 'The Movies' and enjoy
BTW, don't screw around in the Regestry Editor because it can screw up different things
Firstly, when you load the game, it will advertise all different publishers and game-makers such as Activision, Lionhead etc.
When it comes to Lionhead, it will have a white background. Hold the left mouse button while moving the mouse or use the arrow keys to move it!