If during game, you need a duplicate of an object that you already have (i.e. i needed the sixth polished shield that i haven't found in the mazes behind), you can duplicate it using an hex editor in your savegame. This is how you can do it:
1. During game, put the object that you want to duplicate in the right hand of your first character and free his left hand.
2. Save game
3. exit game and start an hex editor (ultra edit or XVI32)
4. Save a copy of your EOBDATA?.SAV (where ? is the number of your savegame) to prevent accidental errors
4. open your EOBDATA?.SAV with the hex editor and find row 'F0'.
5. The second column in that row contains the code of the object that your character have in his right hand.
6. Re-write that code in the 4th column on the same row and so you will have put an identical object in the left hand of your first character.
7. Save your EOBDATA?.SAV and enjoy the game!!!