If you've played the DLC (purchasable single for like $2.50, or part of a pack for like $5.00), you see all the gold that all those Risen carry, but the powerful ones carry around 5-7k. Unfortunately, they are capable of annihilating your group, especially if you're near the beginning of the game. However, I have devised a strategy for this situation. I use it myself, and on the start of a new game when the Outrealm Gate unlocks, I've amassed over half a mil in gold for upgrades and purchases.
- Please note: If you are far enough in the game that you are destroying the other DLC episodes, or able to defeat the powerful teams that are available via StreetPass/SpotPass, this guide isn't that useful, but it does have tips. This assumes that you are not that high-level, and assumes that you are playing on Classic, where you lose people permanently if they die.***
</span><!-- wikilists -->
1) Purchase the DLC.
2) Prepare your Golden Gaffe starter team. The Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, and a few others who are decently levelled (8-10+ in base, even better if reclassed) work well.
3) Run through Golden Gaffe several times (I did this 6), only killing the ones worth 1k, or 3k. If you are lucky, kill one or so of the ones carrying 5k, if you can manage it without losing characters.
4) When you have enough, you want to start off by summoning the team from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War G1 or G2.
If you choose G1, you want to summon the team of Arvis.
If you choose G2, you want to summon the team of Julius.
Recruit the leader from the team you summoned. On my game, Arvis costs 41,800 Gold, and Julius costs 39,400 gold. Expensive, but these two sorcerers can make this task a lot easier.
5) After you've recruited one of them, go back to the Outrealm Gate, and run through the Golden Gaffe mission again. This time, make sure you take Arvis/Julius. Try to have a good Dark magic tome to equip them with. (Waste is a good choice, as both of them can attack 4 times, depending on the enemy). Use them to take out the enemies carrying 7k. If you're lucky to position properly, you can take out most of, if not all the ones carrying the big amounts before they escape.
6) When you have enough, recruit the other one you didn't take the first time. Now, you just use your team to beat down the Risen, and take their gold.
7) As you do this, and amass gold, you can add others to the team. The team I'm about to list is all SpotPass team people.
At the height of my efforts, I had a team of: King Marth, Prince Marth, Avatar, Chrom, Arvis, Julius, Seliph, Sigurd. This team allowed me to kill every one of the Risen by turn 3 or 4.
8) Wash, rinse, repeat, and cash the check. You now have enough gold to do whatever you want.
Question 1: Why did you choose the sorcerers?
Answer 1: They have the best range, and make the best use of their tomes without requiring use of more money to improve weapons or purchase others. They also tend to kill the enemies in one to two shots.
Question 2: The people you suggest are too expensive!
Answer 2: Not a question, but I'll answer it. Expensive, yes. However, proper use and equipping will make this a quick event.
Question 3: The game is boring now that I don't have to worry about money!
Answer 3: Again, not a question, but here's your answer: DON'T USE IT! Do it the old fashioned way.
Hope this tip helps.