Game InfoTrine 2: Director’s Cut, exclusively for the Wii U, features the critically acclaimed original Trine 2 game, a number of enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called “Magic Mayhem”, designed exclusively for the Wii U.
Trine 2 is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins on a quest to ruin the kingdom for good; and a magical environment full of wonder.
For the first time in the series, Trine 2 introduces online cooperative multiplayer support for up to three players, alongside the local multiplayer mode.
The upcoming new expansion campaign, Trine 2: The Goblin Menace, will also be released on the Wii U at launch as a console exclusive.
FeaturesTrine 2: Director's Cut
- “The Developers' vision” fully formed
- Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
- Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
- New control system designed for the Wii U
- Special multiplayer features for the New Controller and support for up to three Wii Remote™ controllers.
- Improved console graphics only available on the Wii U
- New collectible shards that unlock a new non-campaign game level featuring all-new puzzles
- Campaign support for the new skills in The Goblin Menace expansion
- An all-new “party mode” for up to 4 players
- Online or offline multiplayer
- Add-on content for Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- A new adventure featuring the heroic trio in a tall tale of goblin menace
- 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale
Frozenbyte, developers of the gorgeous Trine series, offered some perspective into how Nintendo is running the... posted Nov 19, 12 11:07am
Five screenshots for the Wii U version of fantasy platformer Trine 2 are in today, in which we see the game is... posted Nov 15, 12 7:42am
Trine 2 players will have a reason to return to the game this fall, when Frozenbyte releases Trine 2: Goblin... posted Aug 16, 12 3:18pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure (wii-u)
- Developer: Frozenbyte, Inc.
- Publisher: Frozenbyte, Inc.
Released North America Nov 18, 2012 Europe Nov 30, 2012