Game InfoTrine 2: Director’s Cut, exclusively for the Wii U, features the critically acclaimed original Trine 2 game, a number of enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called “Magic Mayhem”, designed exclusively for the Wii U.
Trine 2 is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins on a quest to ruin the kingdom for good; and a magical environment full of wonder.
For the first time in the series, Trine 2 introduces online cooperative multiplayer support for up to three players, alongside the local multiplayer mode.
The upcoming new expansion campaign, Trine 2: The Goblin Menace, will also be released on the Wii U at launch as a console exclusive.
FeaturesTrine 2: Director's Cut
- “The Developers' vision” fully formed
- Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
- Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
- New control system designed for the Wii U
- Special multiplayer features for the New Controller and support for up to three Wii Remote™ controllers.
- Improved console graphics only available on the Wii U
- New collectible shards that unlock a new non-campaign game level featuring all-new puzzles
- Campaign support for the new skills in The Goblin Menace expansion
- An all-new “party mode” for up to 4 players
- Online or offline multiplayer
- Add-on content for Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- A new adventure featuring the heroic trio in a tall tale of goblin menace
- 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale
When I eventually played the PC version Trine, it's fair to say it blew my mind. It epitomised...
Frozenbyte, developers of the gorgeous Trine series, offered some perspective into how Nintendo is running the... posted Nov 19, 12 11:07am
Five screenshots for the Wii U version of fantasy platformer Trine 2 are in today, in which we see the game is... posted Nov 15, 12 7:42am
Trine 2 players will have a reason to return to the game this fall, when Frozenbyte releases Trine 2: Goblin... posted Aug 16, 12 3:18pm