BackgroundLink's sister is kidnapped and it is up to him to bring her back home. Although that isn't the only thing that he must do. A new evil has arisen and if it isn't stopped, every land and sea will be destroyed. Take control of Link and sail the seas to rescue his sister and stop evil in this HD remake of the cel-shaded classic first released for the Nintendo GameCube!
GameplayThe series' classic mix of sword-swinging action, perplexing puzzles and stirring story lines remains intact while the new cel-shaded graphics enable the characters of Link's world to be the most lively and expressive personalities gamers have ever seen. Emotions hit a fever pitch when Link witnesses his sister being snatched up by a giant bird. Embarking on an epic voyage to locate his sister, Link unravels a mystery that deftly blends unique, stylized graphics and effects with the much-heralded mechanics of the gaming milestone, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD features 1080p visuals that will immerse players in the game like never before.
- With the Wii U GamePad controller, it’s easy to manage your inventory and view maps.
- Players will enjoy cruising the open sea with a new sail that gives them more speed, bringing them to their next destination and action-packed adventure that much faster.
- Once players receive the “Tingle Bottle” item, they can connect with others by posting comments to Miiverse. Through this new feature, comments or screen shots posted on Miiverse will wash up in various locations, such as the shores, of other players’ games. It’s like finding a message in a bottle.
- Players can also take and store a greater number of pictures as well as higher-quality photos with an improved Pictograph and then post them on Miiverse.
- If the television is already in use, this game can been played off-TV on the Wii U GamePad.
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (JP)
Starblast16 and 3 others played The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Starblast16 and 37 others own The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Jun 10, 15 11:19am
It's safe to say that when it comes to The Legend of Zelda, from Ocarina of Time onward there's...
Symphonic AbyssFeel my wrath, Stone Pig w/ Hands Boss! TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Jan 04, 14 12:51pm
Symphonic AbyssJust finished Forbidden Woods. At 5AM. TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Jan 04, 14 3:03am
Symphonic AbyssBeautiful, beautiful game. Very impressed so far! TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Jan 02, 14 9:09pm
Dark ArcanineGot to visit Hyrule Castle! And travel is so much better with the Swift Sail. TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Dec 11, 13 1:59am
Brandon15Wind waker was literally my favorite game of all time. Now that's in HD... TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Nov 05, 13 12:06pm
GradivusJust finished this game, and it was every bit as good as I expected the remake to be TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Oct 05, 13 7:00am
Dark ArcanineNow at Dragon Roost Island! Game is looking, and playing, fantastic. TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Oct 05, 13 4:41am
Dark ArcanineI now have this awesome game! Also, just got the Picto Box!!! TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWakerHD Wii U
Oct 04, 13 11:40pm
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Bundle launching Sept. 20 for just $299.99, Link smiles widely
With Nintendo's announcement that the Wii U will be dropping its price to $299.99 starting... posted Aug 28, 13 9:04am
- Genre: Action/Adventure (wii-u)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Sep 20, 2013 Europe Oct 4, 2013 Japan Sep 26, 2013 Australia Oct 5, 2013
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass