BackgroundShovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It's a hot mashup of new and old that may remind you of Mega Man, Castlevania, or Dark Souls! You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this valley with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and save his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
But, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress, and will pursue their mission at any cost.
- 8-Bit Powered Up!
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The systems of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Focused on Fun!
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find Secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Collect Relics and upgrades to enhance your shoveling skills!
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!
- Off-TV play with the gamepad!
- Shovel Knight's patrons, Yacht Club Games, beckon and tease with a glorious release trailer Jun 24
- Press Kit available! Jun 18
- Shovel Knight digs too deep, delays March 31 release date by a few weeks Mar 14
- Shovel Knight's updated release date is March 31, trailer proclaims 'The Legend is Unearthed' Jan 24
Prepare thyself, for the Shovel Knight cometh. Today Yacht Club Games started their ship's... posted Jun 23, 14 6:14pm
Indie studio Yacht Club Games can confirm that game development is a rough gig. As awesome as... posted Mar 12, 14 2:52pm
Shovel Knight is the hero we need right now. The Kickstarter funded 2D platforming action game... posted Jan 23, 14 2:37pm
Say what you will about Steam's Greenlight service, no one's arguing it doesn't have its flaws. Still, every... posted Apr 17, 13 1:17pm