Game InfoRayman, named platformer of the year and winner of multiple artistic and musical achievements, is coming to the Wii U with a brand new adventure. Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids is bringing his innovative creativity to this new and exciting platform. Rayman Legends makes full use of the power of the Wii U. With the new Wii U controller, discover new ways to platform with its touch-based gameplay, gyroscope technology, and even the ability to extend your playing experience when the TV is off. Additionally, the power of the machine has helped pave the way for new, more detailed graphics and lighting.
StoryRayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
- Wii U Showcase: Rayman Legends takes full advantage of the Wii U and its new controller’s capabilities. Use the touch screen to take out enemies, manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more. With the gyroscope technology, you can move rotating platform and there are many more surprises to come!
- The Game Must Go On: The Wii U allows you to keep playing the game even when your television is off. You will be able to continue Rayman’s adventure on the screen of the Wii U’s new wireless controller.
- 5-Player Co-op Gameplay: Now more players can join in on the fun! With 4 Wii Remotes and the new Wii U controller, up to 5 players can play at once. At any time if someone wants to leave or join in, the game will continue without interruption.
- 3D Boss Battles: The bosses have a big advantage over Rayman’s gang… an extra dimension! Dragons and other epic creatures can attack from all angles, so you’ll have to be on top of your game to defeat them.
- New Challenges: Connect with your friends through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
- Rayman Rocks!: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain. Timing and rhythm are the key to beat these maps set to music. See if you have what it takes to be a Platforming Hero.
- UbiArt Engine Advancements: The UbiArt engine has expanded its abilities to now include 3D gameplay elements, a new lighting design, and a new rendering system which take Rayman’s award-winning graphics to the next level.
- The Award-Winning Team Is Back: The legendary team of decorated artists, designers and composers are teaming up again to create new worlds, new characters and a new soundtrack.
Some games are too much fun to be stuck on a single platform. Rayman Legends is a pretty good... posted Dec 11, 13 5:11pm
Ubisoft is reporting that two of their recent major releases, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and... posted Oct 16, 13 9:45pm
Though its place in gaming industry history is firmly secured with launch week sales totalling posted Sep 30, 13 1:26pm
Thinking of getting Rayman Legends on Wii U? Well then, you get a little special bonus the... posted Aug 07, 13 3:58pm
There are two things that make my heart race when it comes to Ubisoft. First, it's anything to... posted Jul 25, 13 10:47am
Some months later, but still prior to the release of Rayman Legends on any platform, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot... posted Jun 19, 13 10:35am
We already know Ubisoft will be bringing its major franchises to E3 this year, confirming late last month that... posted Jun 10, 13 2:41pm
Mariachi version of Eye of the Tiger, Barbara the Viking, and rhythm in Rayman Legends' latest trailer
My favorite Rayman Legends trailer by far up to this point is the Black Betty rhythm game level where Rayman has... posted May 02, 13 10:43am
With the announcement of the now multi-console release of Rayman Legends being made, that's September 3 if you... posted Apr 25, 13 3:55pm
Rayman creator Michel Ancel and Ubisoft Montpelier developers appear in Rayman Legends protest photos
What initially started as a rumor stemming from internet posts from a former Rayman Legends developer have... posted Feb 12, 13 9:13am
According to an alleged developer of Rayman Legends, development of the Wii U version of the game was complete in... posted Feb 08, 13 12:21pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure (wii-u)
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Sep 3, 2013 Europe Aug 29, 2013