Game InfoThe Return of an Army
Pikmin 3 is a fully reimagined, mass-action strategy title from the critically acclaimed Pikmin series. Players will discover a beautiful world filled with strange creatures and take command of a swarm of ant-like Pikmin trying to survive. The world is densely packed with treasures and enemies, which makes the game much more action focused and fills it with layers of potential strategies and paths, adding greater replayability to challenge modes.
- Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways.
- The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of Pikmin.
- The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to extensive use, resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling easier strategic use of the Pikmin.
- After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.
- In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.
- Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time.
Did you think Pikmin 3 was over? Boy were you wrong. Once you let Pikmin into your home they're... posted Nov 13, 13 9:49am
Summer is winding down, and according to the NPD Group the U.S. video games industry managed to... posted Sep 12, 13 6:06pm
This review will use the following weighted scoring scheme:
Graphics - 20%
Plot - 10%
Game Play - 50%
[image1 link=yes width=650 height=400] Standing back in Nintendo of Canada's "Mario Room" where Neoseeker was... posted Jul 04, 13 1:07pm
Just for their Japanese viewership Nintendo has decided to run a special edition Nintendo Direct event on Pikmin... posted Jun 25, 13 10:34am
Pikmin 3 may have been the best game at E3 that I had the opportunity to play, but I won't be able to tell you... posted Jun 16, 13 7:30pm
Pikmin 3 replaces Olimar with Alph, Brittany and Captain Charlie, fresh details and screenshots are fruity
A sad day indeed for Pikmin fans. It appears Captain Olimar, hero of Pikmin 1 and 2, has been forced into...
A sad day indeed for Pikmin fans. It appears Captain Olimar, hero of Pikmin 1 and 2, has been forced into...posted May 17, 13 2:04pm
Earlier today during the Nintendo Direct event Nintendo's President Iwata showed us Pikmin 3's newest Pikmin, a... posted Apr 17, 13 7:13pm
As much as I love Nintendo and president Iwata streaming their Nintendo Direct videos live across the world at... posted Jan 22, 13 10:10am
It's been a while since I've played my Pikmin, but I do recall enjoying the first game more than the second... posted Jan 02, 13 10:03am
Nintendo's Wii U, in an odd turn around, has yet to launch in the country it was developed in as of yet. The... posted Dec 05, 12 8:42am