BackgroundTurn Your Racing Experience Upside Down!
For the first time in HD, Nintendo’s Mario Kart franchise comes to the Wii U console,
introducing new racing circuit designs and antigravity karts that will have players driving upside down. Players will also enjoy a variety of series-favorite features, including the return of 12-player online competitive play, hang-gliders, underwater
racing and motorbikes.
FeaturesThe new antigravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players
will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into antigravity gear.
• Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse.
• Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in midair, also make their return.
• Fan-favorites Waluigi and Toadette re-join the cast of familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
• Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet.
- Rate The Course (Current Course: Cheep Cheep Beach) Jul 11
- Future Track Remakes Jul 11
- Mario Kart TV Jul 11
- One Month In, How Is Everyone Fairing? Jul 11
Every Nintendo system since the original Mario Kart debuted for SNES has received a Mario Kart...
Last month came the news that Nintendo would be bringing some free DLC to Japanese Mario Kart 8... posted Jun 21, 14 7:38am
May NPD Number Crunch: Watch Dogs, Mario Kart 8 race past competition while PS4, 3DS top hardware charts
Ubisoft earlier this month called dibs on the best new IP launch yet for the gaming industry... posted Jun 16, 14 5:32pm
Mario Kart 8 sells over 1.2 million units during launch weekend, franchise reaches 100 million sales
Nintendo's highly anticipated krazy racer Mario Kart 8 launched over the weekend, giving gamers... posted Jun 02, 14 12:54pm
Well, this isn't exactly the news Mario Kart 8 fans were probably expecting on the eve of the... posted May 29, 14 2:44am
- Genre: Racing - General (wii-u)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America May 30, 2014 Europe May 30, 2014 Japan May 29, 2014 Australia May 31, 2014
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2-4)
- Online Multi-player (12 max)
- Offline Co-op (2-4)
- Online Co-op (2-4)