BackgroundTurn Your Racing Experience Upside Down!
For the first time in HD, Nintendo’s Mario Kart franchise comes to the Wii U console,
introducing new racing circuit designs and antigravity karts that will have players driving upside down. Players will also enjoy a variety of series-favorite features, including the return of 12-player online competitive play, hang-gliders, underwater
racing and motorbikes.
FeaturesThe new antigravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players
will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into antigravity gear.
• Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse.
• Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in midair, also make their return.
• Fan-favorites Waluigi and Toadette re-join the cast of familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
• Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet.
Sony and Naughty Dog brought back The Last of Us in a big way last month with an HD remake on... posted Aug 14, 14 4:03pm
Last time Nintendo took over a certain period of time, they called it the Year of Luigi. This... posted Aug 07, 14 2:59pm
Update: Nintendo of America has confirmed that all three of the Mercedes-Benz karts will be... posted Aug 05, 14 6:44pm
In spite of newfound optimism that arose from the early retail success of titles like Mario... posted Jul 30, 14 10:08am
The NPD Group's monthly report card for U.S. retail sales is in, and June 2014 was looking good... posted Jul 17, 14 3:53pm
Every Nintendo system since the original Mario Kart debuted for SNES has received a Mario Kart...
Last month came the news that Nintendo would be bringing some free DLC to Japanese Mario Kart 8... posted Jun 21, 14 7:38am
May NPD Number Crunch: Watch Dogs, Mario Kart 8 race past competition while PS4, 3DS top hardware charts
Ubisoft earlier this month called dibs on the best new IP launch yet for the gaming industry... posted Jun 16, 14 5:32pm
- Genre: Racing - General (wii-u)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America May 30, 2014 Europe May 30, 2014 Japan May 29, 2014 Australia May 31, 2014
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (2-4)
- Online Multi-player (12 max)
- Offline Co-op (2-4)
- Online Co-op (2-4)