BackgroundHelp Donkey Kong and his friends get back their home from Vikings in the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freezegame from Retro Studios. All the challenging ground-pounding, barrel-blasting and mine cart action from the Donkey Kong Country series is back, along with a bushel of new game-play elements and features.
- Dixie Kong is back to join the adventure as a playable character alongside Diddy Kong. Either can buddy up with Donkey Kong, and each character offers a different game-play experience.
- Explore new dynamic levels that twist, turn and transform in new ways. Plus enjoy spectacular views from the dynamic rotating camera.
- On their journey to reclaim Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong andhis friends travel across five islands with a variety of stages that include underwater areas and frozen environments.
- Enhance Donkey Kong’s exploration and unlock secrets with a new move that involves “plucking” items right out of the ground.
- Team up with friends in a cooperative multiplayer mode that lets two players share in the fun together (additional accessories required, sold separately)
The following review will use this weighted scoring system:
Graphics - 20%
Plot - 5%
GamePlay - 55%
What kind of owl smashes a banana right in front of an ape and his family? A monster that... posted Feb 14, 14 8:50pm
For all you UK Donkey Kong fans out there, we have two lots of good news! The official... posted Feb 04, 14 11:55am
This morning's Nintendo Direct had some bad news, but don't they always? Donkey Kong Country:... posted Oct 01, 13 9:39pm
[image1 link=yes width=650 height=400] Standing back in Nintendo of Canada's "Mario Room" where Neoseeker was... posted Jul 04, 13 1:07pm
- Genre: Platformer Action (wii-u)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Retro Studios, Inc.
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Feb 21, 2014 Europe Feb 21, 2014 Japan Feb 13, 2014 Australia Feb 22, 2014
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
- Diddy Kong Racing DS