BackgroundSince ancient times, mankind and the Isolated Land were always divided by what was called the "Thousand Year Mountains" -- a range of mountains even a flying dragon couldn't cross. Naturally, mankind had thus always been curious about the seemingly inaccessible Isolated Land, wondering what secrets it may hold. And in an ironic twist of fate, that curiosity and thirst for knowledge and adventure would be fulfilled in a most unwelcome way. With a thunderous sound that shook the entire land, the Thousand Year Mountains came crumbling down, unveiling ancient ruins from the era of the gods. People could finally bear witness to what had been hidden away in the Isolated Land for nearly an eternity - and unfortunately, it turned out to be hundreds and thousands of giants. It became immediately apparent that these were not friendly creatures as they mercilessly turned cities to rubble with mere swings of their gigantic arms, crushing families and histories alike.
Now, the kingdom of Rune Midgard is fighting valiantly for the survival of their country against the invading giants. The war has been fierce thus far, with massive casualties, but the resilient humans have managed to keep the giants at bay - if only temporarily. In an effort to prevent any recurrence of this massive tragedy, those in power ordered an enormous fortress called "The Shield" built at the entrance to the Isolated Land, to stand as a last barrier of hope and help contain the monsters.
The residents of the kingdom may never return to their once peaceful way of life, but they will fight for whatever measure of prosperity they can still find. Their one and only reason to be has been ingrained into every citizen and turned into a rallying cry that echoes throughout the land: "Fight against the giants, and survive!"
- Built Upon the Beloved World of Ragnarok Online, But Accessible to Anyone - While drawing inspiration from the popular world of Ragnarok Online, Ragnarok Odyssey was developed by Game Arts, the developer behind the Lunar and Grandia series, with an original story anyone can enjoy.
- 'Fling, Fly, and Smack' Action Battle System - Fling enemies skyward, defy gravity to continue your assault in midair, then finish off the combo by smacking them clear across the stage.
- Build a Unique Character - With over 20,000 combinations based on gender, facial features, accessories and more, plus six selectable job classes consisting of Sword Warrior, Hunter, Hammersmith, Assassin, Mage and Cleric, no two player-created characters will ever be alike.
- 4-Player Online Co-op Support - Up to four players can play together online to take on some of the most fearsome and challenging giants in the game.
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (JP)
- PSN near items May 17
EEZ played Ragnarok Odyssey
EEZ owns Ragnarok Odyssey
When it comes to bringing quirky games from Japan and dropping them on North American soil, no one delivers quite... posted Jun 21, 12 1:12pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Asiatic
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Gungho
- Publisher: XSEED Games
Released North America Oct 30, 2012 Europe Feb 20, 2013 Japan Feb 2, 2012 Australia Feb 20, 2013