Konami has just announced the mother of all Metal Gear Solid bundles. Introducing Metal Gear Solid: The... posted Apr 22, 13 11:57am
BackgroundIn the aftermath of the Second World War, the world was torn in two between East and West.
It was the beginning of a new era - the Cold War.
October 16, 1962. The President of the United States received word that the Soviet Union had deployed nuclear missiles in Cuba. The world trembled in fear as the prospect of nuclear war loomed ever closer. After days of tense negotiations, the Soviets finally agreed on the 28th to withdraw their missiles from Cuban soil. With the resolution of this incident, later to be known as the Cuban Missile Crisis, it seemed that humanity had survived yet another threat to its existence.
However, there was a secret condition in the deal that put an end to the crisis. Nikolai Stepanovich Sokolov, a Soviet scientist who had defected to the West, was to be sent back to the Soviet Union. The U.S. government agreed to this stipulation, and returned Sokolov to his native land. Little did they know that Sokolov was to be the designer of a nightmarish weapon. Now, with Sokolov back in their hands, the Soviets are ready to resume its development. If this weapon is completed, it will mark the beginning of a new age of fear.
August 1964. Realizing at last the urgency of the situation, the CIA forms a plan to recapture Sokolov. They dispatch the covert FOX unit to Sokolov's research facility, located to the south of the great Soviet fortress of Groznyj Grad. Led by former SAS member Major Zero, FOX is a next-generation special-forces unit that operates both as a specialized combat group and as a covert intelligence outfit. The FOX unit's modus operandi is to send a single agent, backed by radio support from afar, into enemy territory to carry out solo sneaking missions.
August 24. Alone soldier swoops down from out of the blue. The man's code name is Naked Snake.
GameplayMetal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater has a different setting, a jungle setting different from the previous Metal Gear Solid games. You play Solid Snake. You must stalk and hide from your enemies using camouflage. You also have to paint your face using templates. The soldiers will also be using camouflage. There will be no trails, you can go in any direction with a variety of ways to get the mission done. In addition to soldiers, you have a new enemy: the environment.
- First-person stalker based on popular series.
- Interactive environments where traps catch enemies and prey.
- Rely on camouflage, hunting, instincts, and skill.
- Set in the 1960s where politics and war are shaping real world history.
- For 1 player.
Hardware Requirements1 player maximum
Compatible with Network Adapter(PS2 Ethernet)
8MB PS2 Memory Card required to save
Saves; 90 KB minimum
Analog Control Compatible: all buttons
Vibration Function Compatible
Official URLOfficial Site
- Metal Gear Online (2008)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (2013)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition (2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition (2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008)
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (2003)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection (2008)
- The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 (2002)
- Metal Gear Acid (2005)
- Metal Gear Acid 2 (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid (2009)
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel 2 (2008)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010)
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (2007)
- Metal Gear Solid (2000)