BackgroundOsmos is part physics-based eat-'em-up, part ambient, cosmic simulator, and part Darwinistic game of survival. This award-winning PC game has been fully redesigned for the iPhone, featuring full Retina Display support, fluid multitouch controls, lush, flowing visuals, and a chill, ambient electronic soundtrack.
Some describe Osmos as "Asteroids meets a lava-lamp," others as "Katamari meets Lunar Lander," but all have said it's a game you must experience to appreciate. Your goal is to grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
Features- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty. (72 levels total.)
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- Eight Distinct level types: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems; feel and use the force of Attractors and Repulsors.
- Intelligent AI: confront opponents with distinct personalities, goals and abilities similar to your own.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn, with OpenFeint integration.
- Nominated for 4 IGF awards.
- Winner of the D2D Vision award and IGN's Editor's Choice award.
- Winner of "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" at IndieCade.
- Selected for the PAX 10, Spike VGAs, and more.
Jun 16, 12 10:59pm
RedMerlin3 played Osmos
RedMerlin3 owns Osmos
Dark ArcanineThis game is very, very chill. And has some surprisingly interesting puzzles for such a simple game. Simplicity with elegance. Osmos PC
Jan 27, 11 5:19am