BackgroundWorms 3 brings the series into full-blown 3D for the first time ever! In conjunction with a revolutionary, fully deformable 3D landscape technology, it expands the strategic options offered in the previous games into fascinating new directions. Worms 3 will showcase a raft of new gameplay features, while retaining all the familiar chaos of the original titles, complete with bizarre power-ups, loopy weaponry, and crazy cartoon graphics - in both single and multi-player modes.
GameplayWorms 3D continues the history of turn based strategy featuring a bizarre and outlandish array of deliciously explosive weaponry, mad animals, crazy speech and laugh-out-loud instances in a full 3-dimensional, fully destructible environment.
In conjunction with a revolutionary, fully deformable 3D landscape technology, it expands the strategic options offered in the previous games into fascinating new directions.
That means caves, cliffs, holes, multiple levels, buildings, ropes, tunnels - all in gorgeous 3D!
Worms 3D also features stunning 3D animation of the Worms themselves, which surpasses anything seen in Worms titles to date, including the FMV sequences seen in previous games!
Worms 3D uses a proprietary, all-new deformable polygon/voxel landscape engine that allows the player to destroy any part or ALL of the landscape, from any direction.
Shoot through the floor, make a hole and shoot at the player below you on a plateau!
Tunnel your way through the hillside! Blast your way through! Watch as the landscape crumbles, sinks and deforms as you use progressively more powerful weapons!
Unlike other engines, the technology allows you to explode any part of the land, create holes, tunnels, cliffs, caves and emulates the way the game played in 2D. We're pretty pleased with it.
- Teams of worms, dukin' it out for victory. The team with the last worms standing is the winner. Simple, yet addictive.
- A bizarre collection of ludicrously destructive weapons :: feel the earth move with the mighty earthquake, or call destruction from the skies with an air-strike!
- Combat across either custom-created landscapes, or randomly-generated terrain. With millions of permutations, the combat never gets predictable.
- Customizable teams :: from their names to what they say, and even the fanfare that plays when they win!
- Incredible multiplayer action :: play with your friends around the same console or PC. Up to 4 players sharing on the same machine.
- Truly Worldwide Internet gaming. Either from your office or the comfort of your own home, compete with other wormers anywhere in the world.
- A massive online following, with planned leagues, ladder games, forums and gaming rooms for players of all skill levels.
- Quite literally more game options than you could shake a stick at :: plus the ability to try random combinations of modes with 'Wormpot'!
- Turn-based action like you've never seen.
- All new missions, play modes, 'Wormpot' modes, training, and challenge modes. All new challenges and all new game structure.
- A more immersive single player experience based on unlocking challenges, secret missions, sound sets and landscapes.
- A choice of camera modes :: 1st person to look around, and blimp view for a strategic overview of the situation.
- Environmental conditions such as rain, snow, night and day add to the strategic decisions facing the players.
- Randomly-generated, and fully deformable landscape, all in true 3D.
- The inclusion of the 'Wormopedia' and the gallery allow the player to peruse their achievements and view the story behind some of the 'Worms' legends.
- All new artificial intelligence, sound effects, music, interface, and much, much more.
Official URLOfficial Site
JasonKaotic and 3 others own Worms 3D
ndsreviewerguy played Worms 3D
- Genre: Arcade(Xbox)
- Developer: Team 17
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Jan 11, 2005 Europe Oct 31, 2003 Australia Oct 24, 2003
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (4)
- Worms Clan Wars
- Worms Revolution
- Worms Crazy Golf
- Worms Ultimate Mayhem
- Worms 3D
- Worms World Party
- Worms Armageddon