BackgroundSequel to True Crime: Streets of LA, True Crime: New York City is based on the streets of NYC. Developed by Activison-owned Luxoflux, True Crime: New York City will follow another policeman through the meticulously re-created streets of a real-life metropolitan area. However, instead of the wisecracking LAPD detective Nick Kang, gamers will now play as Marcus Reed, a former gang member turned NYPD officer.
- Street Cop Life: As Marcus Reed players bust criminals, take down murderous gangs, extort, interrogate, search and seize and dispense justice however they choose – either by the book or by indulging in the temptations of the job.
- Rule New York City The player will navigate an expertly recreated Manhattan complete with subways, interiors, internationally recognized landmarks, GPS-accurate streets and real neighborhoods from Hell's Kitchen to Times Square.
- Dynamic Changes: The player's "law enforcement" decisions affect Manhattan 's neighborhoods dynamically: if players let crime go unchecked, the crime rate will soar as the streets fill with trash, potholes and unsavory characters while buildings and foliage deteriorate. Alternately, if players clamp down on crime in a neighborhood, not only will crime rates fall, but visual improvements will indicate their progress as well.
- Environmental Interactivity: Unprecedented environmental interaction allows players to access almost everything in the environment that will help them defeat enemies including stove top burners, ovens, industrial machinery, locking a suspect in a freezer and using broken chair legs as clubs.
- High-Speed Shootouts: Gamers can race through the streets of Manhattan in shootouts, pulling off stunts on motorcycles or in a variety of vehicles such as customizable black market vehicles and police-issue cars.
- Brutal Combat Styles: As a street-smart cop players are able to switch fighting styles– from street fighting to various types of martial arts – on the fly against opponents, opening up an array of moves and strategies designed to take down enemies.
- Heavy Weaponry: Players can earn an arsenal of high-powered police issue weaponry or obtain black market arms like flamethrowers, grenade launchers and more, in addition to dozens of melee weapons like bats and swords.
Official URLOfficial Site
Retro420 and 11 others own True Crime: New York City
nasty nappa and 2 others played True Crime: New York City
First off, this game is way better then the last True Crime. There is many new...
- Genre: Adventure (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Gangsta, Mob/Organized Crime, Police/S.W.A.T.
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Luxoflux
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Nov 1, 2005 Europe Nov 25, 2005