Also on: PC
Release Dates NA Nov 9, 04
BackgroundTRON 2.0: Killer App is an epic FPS that digitizes players inside the world of a war-ravaged computer system on the verge of collapse from a seemingly unstoppable army of corrupt programs lead by the evil "user" Thorne. As Thorne's relentless army grows, it infects helpless programs, converting them into savage digital mercenaries aimed at spreading viral agents throughout the system. The security forces in the system struggle to quarantine the corruption, but are hopelessly outnumbered by the mounting army of infected programs. Only a human "user" inside the computer world, armed with an arsenal of powerful digital weapons and vehicles, can even the odds. Players will face off in action-packed warfare against legions of horribly mutated programs as they fight to stop the corruption from spreading.
- First-person, story-driven action shooter game featuring over 30 levels of game play
- Lightning-fast, action-packed 3rd person light cycle racing on mind-bending Game Grids
- Six new weapons, including the updated disc that 'slices and dices' virtual enemies
- Stunning next generation 3D graphics rendered by the ALL NEW, state-of-the-art, LithTech(tm) Triton System
- Incredible new high-tech locations, including: a Personal Computer, Power Router, Internet Hub, Infected Server, Arena Games.
- New light cycles, re-designed by Syd Mead, world famous film concept designer (TRON, Blade Runner and Aliens).
- Up to 16 people can play in expansive team-based multi-player levels
- New visually stunning 'TRON glow' effect designed for TRON 2.0 by nVidia
- Innovative character-customizing system with weapons, shields, gadgets and modifiers, that players use to equip and fine-tune their character.
- Developed by multi-award winning Monolith Productions.