BackgroundTaking place shortly after the events seen in the 1982 film starring Kurt Russell, The Thing takes us back to the Antarctic base and familiar locals from the film for a new chapter of isolation and paranoia. A military rescue team is sent to investigate the deaths of a research team. The team encounters a strange shape-shifting alien life-form that assumes the appearance of people that it kills. Gameplay varies throughout the game, blending action, puzzles, horror and human interaction.
GameplayThe game brings fear and suspense to unimaginable levels, with a compelling plot and unique gameplay elements based upon action, evasion, trust and fear. Forget everything you ever learned about obliterating alien species simply with a barrage of violent ammunition - this monster is difficult to see, hard to kill, and seemingly impossible to evade.
- Taking place shortly after the events seen in the 1982 film - The Thing takes us back to the Antarctic base and familiar locals from the film for a terrifying, new chapter of isolation and paranoia.
- Advanced trust/fear interface adds a new dimension to the genre - How you influence non-player characters (NPCs) psychological state determines whether or not these characters will co-operate with you.
- Amazing lighting, weather and particle effects complemented by subtle sound cues and scripted events create a new level of suspense and terror.
- Unique combat system that allows weapons to be customised and scratch built in many cases.
- Puzzle Solving can be accomplished by a multitude of scenarios - there is never just one way to accomplish an objective.
- Varied pace of gameplay throughout the game, blending action, puzzles, horror and human interaction.
Official URLOfficial Site
conan2099 and 2 others own The Thing
beatrixgamer and 1 others played The Thing
At first I had never heard of the movie, it looked like an interesting game so I hired...
Early in the 1980's there was a horror film made by now suspence legend John...
- Genre: Fantasy (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Universal Interactive
- Publisher: Universal Interactive
Released North America Sep 9, 2002
- Also known as:
- Yuusei Kara no Buutai X: Episode II in Japan