BackgroundThe most wanted man in the universe slams into gaming! Become Riddick and break out of the galaxy's most deadly prison in this compelling 1st person action experience – The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Set before the events of both Universal Pictures' upcoming summer release, The Chronicles of Riddick, starring Vin Diesel, and the 2000 breakout hit Pitch Black, which first introduced Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick, the game tells the story of Riddick's dramatic escape from the previously inescapable triple max security slam Butcher Bay, home to the most violent prisoners in the universe.
- An intense original storyline reveals secrets of Riddick's past and epic destiny
- Groundbreaking "Normal mapping" graphics technology creates vivid, ultra-realistic harsh environments
- Revolutionary game design fuses frenetic 1st Person Shooter action, stealth and brutal hand-to-hand combat
- Fight up close and personal with fists or knives or use stealth to defeat your enemies
- Seamless transition to stealth moves and tactics for a deeper, more cohesive adventure
- Riddick's trademark "eye-shine" enables players to see in the dark and provides a whole new element of stealth
- Featuring the likeness and voice-over talent of Vin Diesel as Riddick
- Also featuring the voice-over talent of Cole Hauser as Johns, Kristen Lehman as Shirah, Ron Perlman as Jagger Valance, Willis Burks as Pope Joe, and Xzibit as Abbott
- More than 30 levels set across three unique Maximum Security, Double-Max, and Triple-Max prison areas
- More than 20 different enemy types each unique to specific areas of the game
- More than 15 different weapons including home-made shivs, and high-powered Assault rifles
- Additional graphic enhancements with per-pixel shading/dynamic lighting, and realistic shadows
- State-of-the-art animation including stunning motion capture and advanced facial animation
Official URLOfficial Site
I agree with theBroker completely about his views on this game. This game is movie...
I really like this game. When I first started playing this I realized that this game...
There was a day when everyone thought that xbox would rely on one game(Halo). But now,...
Believe the hype this is a very well put together game.
You are Riddick a mass...
Just beat it 5 minutes ago. I've had it for two days, played it some yesterday and...
Although Riddick is a pretty good effort in terms of graphics, originality and set...
Lets face it people, video games based on movies suck. They are so terrible and made...
I have owned alot of consoles in my life and played alot of games. I still have fond...
- Genre: Shooter (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Film Noir, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Starbreeze Studios
- Publisher: VU Games
Released North America Jun 1, 2004 Europe Aug 27, 2004
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay