BackgroundFollowing a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to earth in the epic action adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved super heroes. While an old enemy ploys to render him powerless once & for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bitter-sweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.
GameplayAs the Man of Steel, you'll hone your unworldly super powers such as Flight, X-Ray Vision, Heat Vision, Super Hearing, Super Strength, Super Speed, and Super Breath to fight villains that only SupermanTM can defeat. Explore your super powers to discover new uses and combinations: use Heat Vision to melt a rogue car or as a focused laser-like beam to cut through thick metal; use Super Breath to move heavy objects or freeze villains into solid ice. You can also combine powers and interact with your environment; for instance, freeze water spouting from a broken fire hydrant into a giant icicle with your Super Breath and use your Super Strength to hurl it at an enemy.
- The Authentic Superman Experience - True to the fiction in every respect, this is the game based on the Superman universe that fans have been anticipating for decades.
- Metropolis Comes to Life - From excited citizens stopping to take your picture as you fly overhead to the traffic on the streets, every detail of this vibrant city has a mind of its own. These 80 square miles are brought to life for the first time in a videogame.
- Huge Open World - Go anywhere and do anything in Metropolis as Superman. Non-linear gameplay allows you to explore and play the game exactly how you want to at your own pace. Where and how you fly – to the top of skyscrapers, dodging elevated trains – is completely up to you, since gameplay is designed as a true open world experience.
- Missions and Mini-games - With notorious villains like Metallo and Parasite, and colossal challenges only Superman can overcome, you must navigate the Man of Steel to monitor and protect Metropolis from destruction.
- Varied Gameplay - Three distinct types of gameplay — Flying, Rescue, and Combat — will keep the action constant and the challenges relentless. Play both film-inspired missions as well as original content created exclusively for the videogame.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Genre: Adventure (Xbox)
- Perspective(s): Third Person,Isometric
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Nov 20, 2006 Europe Nov 17, 2006 Australia Nov 30, 2006