BackgroundStar Wars: Republic Commando presents a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience.
GameplayStar Wars Republic Commando is a squad-based first person shooter that lets you explore the elite world of the Star Wars military. Leading a 3-man squad of Republic Commandos, your missions take you deep behind enemy lines on over 14 intense and challenging levels through three different campaigns where you will face more than ten brutal enemies. You'll have more than a dozen deadly weapons at your disposal, but none more lethal than your squad. What makes the squad in Star Wars Republic Commando so unique is the game's innovative 'One Touch Squad Control' system that allows you to engage your squad with just one button
- Explore the military side of the Star Wars universe like never before
- Explore eight diverse environments including the hostile surface and subterranean setting of the planet Geonosis, the massive machine-like interiors of a Separatist Core Ship, a disabled and overrun Republic Assault Ship and the lower jungles and tree cities of the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk, while you take on special operations that feature hostage rescue, infiltration/data retrieval, assassination, assault, sabotage and reconnaissance objectives
- Access to more than twelve authentic weapons including the primary Republic Commando firearm, the DC-17m and secondary weapon the DC-15s Blaster Pistol, as well as enemy weapons such as the Trandoshan Slaver Shotgun and Geonosian Elite Beam Weapon
- Innovative squad combat utilizing intuitive and accessible "smart squad" command system featuring squad markers and stances
- Challenging combat with enemies that include Trade Federation Super Battle Droids and Droidekas, Geonosian Warriors and Elites, and Trandoshan Slavers and Mercenaries
- Multi-player capabilities including deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag
- Play with up to 16 players online via X-box Live
A new FPS set in the Star Wars universe, Republic Commando follows the pre-Trilogy...
This game is one of the best First-Person-Shooter game that I've played.In a way it's...
Overall this is a good game, but has just missed out on getting a 4 out of 5 mainly...
all in all this game is average at best... as a die hard fan of the series and an...
- Genre: Space Action (xbox)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: LucasArts
- Publisher: LucasArts
Released North America Mar 1, 2005 Europe Mar 4, 2005 Australia Jan 2, 2005
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II