BackgroundShenmue II is the second episode of this episodic adventure, picking up right after the first installment left off. Ryo Hazuki finally makes it to Hong Kong and there his quest to uncover the truth of his father's murder can continue. He'll also meet in person the woman who haunted his dreams in the first episode. The immersive game world is more detailed and there's a greater emphasis on action this time around. Explore Aberdeen, Kowloon, Wan Chai and Guilin, and meet more characters!
GameplayShenmue II is an epic adventure with all the elements of a great movie–drama, mystery, suspense, and action – and offers a unique game-playing experience that seamlessly blends elements of action, adventure, fighting, and RPG games. In Shenmue II players assume the role of Ryo Hazuki, a young man dedicated to the task of tracking his father's murderer and unlocking the mysteries of the Phoenix Mirror. Shenmue II continues where Shenmue I left off and brings Ryo to Hong Kong with many questions still unanswered as he follows the trail of Lan Di, the man who killed his father.
- Set in Hong Kong, Kowloon, and Guilin, this highly-detailed world will introduce you to breathtaking scenery.
- New navigational system allows you to map out your current location and mark areas you visit to advance you through your adventure.
- Fight new enemies, gamble in Hong Kong alleys, and interact with a whole new cast of characters that will change your fate with every encounter.
- Massive 3D worlds allow full interaction with almost every facet of environment.
- Take control of your quest with the new "QTE Action Key," a new feature that allows you to ask questions that impact the interaction with other game characters.
- Advanced "Weather" and "Time Control" technology deliver a visually impactful real-time world with moving 3D skies and changing terrain and vegetation.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Niao Sun Dec 2
- Shenmue 3 trademark filing isn't the real deal after all Dec 1
- Ryo....stud muffin? Jun 19
- Rare Conversations Aug 23
In a rather disappointing (but perhaps not altogether unexpected) turn of events for fans of... posted Nov 29, 13 10:45am
VSigma100 and 37 others own Shenmue II
ultimadream and 6 others played Shenmue II
The first Shenmue on Dreamcast was a revolutionary game, spanning three discs, and...
- Genre: Fantasy (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Asiatic
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: AM 2
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Oct 30, 2002 Europe Mar 21, 2003 Australia Mar 21, 2003