BackgroundIt's 1967. You've been drafted to fight in the most controversial war of modern times. As a rookie soldier, you will experience the fear, chaos and atrocities of the Vietnam War. From the napalm bombardments of civilian villages and the gruesome Viet Cong booby traps, to the permanent threat of invisible foes and deadly ambushes, can you survive your first tour of duty?
GameplayIt's January 1967. After being drafted and completing basic training, you are plunged into the steamy jungles of Indochina. Heroic ideals of fighting for honor and country quickly fade in the face of the fierce warfare: there is no glory in death.
As a rookie soldier, you must quickly learn the finer arts of jungle and urban warfare to become a battle-hardened soldier and survive your first tour of duty.
Your Base Camp forms the central focus for your Operations, with your primary objective to pacify threats from the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army (NVA). You will need to venture deep into the hostile Vietnamese countryside to search out and destroy enemy troops and encampments. With visibility low, potentially every bush and tree could be an enemy-hiding place. Only by careful observation and hastily learnt war craft shall the enemy be overcom
- True-to-Life – Portraying the brutal atrocities and controversial actions of the Vietnam War, ShellShock: Nam '67 provides the most true-to-life and completely uncensored depiction of the Vietnam experience for the first time in a video game.
- Stellar Developer, Killer Engine - Utilizing their proprietary 3D engine, ShellShock is being developed by Guerrilla, the same creators of Sony's highly-anticipated Killzone game, coined by the press as the "Halo for PS2."
- Intense Combat – Fight your way through a variety of missions ranging from large-scale battlefield encounters with the NVA to stealth-based missions such as assassinating a VC General.
- Unconventional Warfare – From napalm attacks, intricate tunnel systems and deadly booby traps to fighting militiawomen and an elusive enemy, you will experience the chaotic, atrocious and unconventional warfare of Vietnam.
- Character Growth – Develop from a fresh rookie to a hard-edged Special Forces agent.
- Realistic Injury – Soldiers don't simply live or die. A struggling wounded or bleeding fighter will still attempt to take down the enemy.
- Diverse Environments – From dense lush jungles and rural villages to claustrophobic tunnels and waterlogged paddy fields, Vietnam's contrast-ridden environments are dangerous hunting grounds littered with booby traps and secret VC hiding places.
- Numerous Authentic Weapons – You will have full access not only to a range of US weaponry, but can also use the VC and NVA's own weapons against them. In addition, you can call in artillery and napalm air strikes to press the attack, or rely on helicopter support units to provide cover fire for defense
Official URLOfficial Site
XboxOZ360 and 1 others own Shell Shock: Nam '67