BackgroundHidden away in underground leagues and counter-culture clubs, Sega introduces a brutal new brand of soccer. Played by thugs who kick ass on and off the field, participants have to watch their backs and let the crowds watch the game. Since nastiness supplants sportsmanship in this 3-on-3 hybrid of the world's most popular sport, the rulebook is only good as a splint for broken bones. Given its rule-bending recipe, Soccer Slam is an exciting and original game.
GameplayThe best way to insure victory is to master the controls, andPractice Mode will help you do that in minutes. Beyond passing, kicking, stealing, etc. there are fantastical moves such as Spotlight Shots, Power Moves, and Killer Kicks that will incite the rowdy crowd every time.
In this mode, you'll get right to the field and into the heart of the action, but you'll have to give up choosing your team, venue, and weather conditions (clear, fog, rain, or snow) for the sake of your speedy start. You have total control of your game selections in the other modes.
Pummel a friend, or beat down the computer opponent in Exhibition Mode. Once you select your team and venue, it's time to step up and earn your bragging rights. If you're the away team you'll kick off first.
Select your team of rabble-rousers and play your own five-day round robin tournament engaging in up to 15 games. Rankings are updated throughout based on records and goals scored and the team in first place after the fifth day wins the Tourney Championship.
The journey to the Continental Cup is one you'll go alone. Select your favorite team for the 10-round tourneys and go on to the playoffs. Along the way you'll pick up cash for your victories to beef up your stellar players with even more hard-core skills. Each team player has three quest items to look for which will increase their skill levels not only in this mode but others as well.
If you're going to bring the heat on the field, you've got to get your striking, passing, stealing, and of course killer kicks up to pro level. Take some time out for 16 rapid-fire lessons so you can lead your team to victory.
- Six teams of three odd characters (plus goalies) from around the world face off.
- Stadiums are filled with lively, chanting, banner-waving fans.
- Challenge your friends in Exhibition and Tournament Mode.
- It's you against the computer in Quick Start, Practice, and Continental Cup Quest Mode.
- Power-ups and Bonus moves reveal dazzling special effects.
- 18 unique 3D characters with their own personalities, moves, and signature goal celebrations.
- Over 1,000 motion-captured moves bring the characters to life.
- Colorful announcer gives real-time commentary on specific plays.
- User-friendly controls make it easy to jump in and master tricky moves.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Great game Oct 12
aronsk8 owns Sega Soccer Slam
aronsk8 played Sega Soccer Slam
The best thing i can say about this game is that it had myself and my two kids...