BackgroundFight epic battles as one of 15 warriors such as Sanada Yukimura, one of Japan's most famous samurai, to unite the country! Sanada's journey will take him to the hallowed Japanese battlefields of Okehazama and Kawanakajima and inside the embattled walls of Osaka Castle where he will come face-to-face with gun-toting troops, echelons of ninja, and deadly kunoichi (female ninja).
GameplayWhen the political power of the Ashikaga Shogunate collapsed in the succession dispute of 1467, the islands of Japan erupted in a series of major wars. This era in Japanese history became known as the Sengoku or "warring states" period. SAMURAI WARRIORS explores this dramatic era and combines it with the Tactical Action excitement KOEI has become known for.
Players can choose the role of Sanada Yukimura or other legendary samurai and ninja. The game will herald the rise of the indispensable ninja, Hattori Hanzo, from the shadows of history, as well as the reemergence of KOEI's powerful and mysterious Oda Nobunaga.
SAMURAI WARRIORS boasts several new developments. Among them, the new AMS (active mission system) triggers a distinct mission during each battle. To accept or decline the mission is up to the player. Missions evolve depending on player performance and the tide of battle. Success or failure can affect scenarios in later stages. With 500 variations, the chain of missionsis unique with each play, adding depth while heightening the urgency and excitement of combat. Samurai Warriors' AFS (auto-formation system) randomly generates castle levels and conquest routes offering a new experience with each play.
- New Auto Formation System changes castle level maps each time you play!
- Create and train a character in New Officer Mode!
- Over 90 stages!
- Game environments are rendered in deeply saturated chromatic tones while seasonal and time elements enhance the lush visuals.
- Use katana (sword), shuriken (throwing stars), kuzarigama (sickle and chain), kunai (daggers), and other lethal weapons
- Unique character specific behaviors emphasize the personality of each character.
- Circular blades, false staircases, and other traps lay hidden within castle environments
- From the menacing sound of an impending attack to the gentle sounds of nature, the game's use of Dolby Pro Logic II sound and Dolby Digital 5.1-channel sound in pre-rendered CG sequences put you into the middle of the action.
- Even more characters onscreen to battle in this version
Official URLOfficial Site
On a superficial level this game might seem to be a clone of Dynasty Warriors 4 set in...
This game is totally wicked! (and addictive) There's heaps of characters with their...
Koei announces today that they have shipped the Xbox port of Samurai Warriors, previously seen on the PlayStation... posted Jul 13, 04 7:41pm
- Genre: Adventure (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Historical, Ancient Cultures, Asiatic
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Omega Force
- Publisher: Koei
Released North America Jul 13, 2004
- Also known as:
- Geki Sengoku Musou in Japan