BackgroundOriginally announced in Japan as Samurai Spirits Zero, the title was eventually changed for the US release to to Samurai Shodown V to properly reflect its placement in the Samurai Spirits storyline. The first installment of the series in seven years, SSV's features include all-new game stages and power systems, 20 returning characters, and 4 new characters to choose from.
GameplayLong respected among fighting fans, Sumurai Shodown is back - and the fifth instalment refines the series' fighting system yet further.
It's now possible to meditate mid-battle, tipping the balance in your favour, and slow down time for your opponent.
Nuances from previous versions also remain, making it possible to down arms and fight unarmed, or even commit suicide if one's honour demands it. Offering a truly distinctive take on a much-loved genre, Samurai Shodown 5 promises to be the best yet.
- Full Xbox support featuring Tournament Mode
- Choose from a total of 26 fighters including 11 new characters to the franchise plus one boss and one hidden character
- Select characters designed by world-renowned manga artist Nobuhiro Wazuki
- Total of 23 combo-moves featuring 8 new moves for the Xbox
- Power up the Rage Gauge and unleash death combos for extreme damage
- Use the Spirit Strength to make your opponent go into slow motion
- Use the Sword Spirit Gauge to strategically plan your attacks for maximum effect
- Upgrade version of the original arcade release
Official URLOfficial Site
- Genre: Fighting (Xbox)
- Theme(s): Anime, Fantasy, Ancient Cultures, Asiatic, Medieval, Supernatural/Occult
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: SNK
- Publisher: SNK NeoGeo
Released North America Jan 18, 2006
- Also known as:
- Samurai Spirits Zero in Japan