BackgroundIt is 1985 in the midst of the Cold War, and Gorbachev has been elected to power bringing with him policies of glasnost and perestroika. However, resistance Soviet groups are opposed to the new wave and are refusing to serve the new regime in Moscow. One group has taken control of an island community, and is using it as an armed stronghold for the old order. Operation Flashpoint opens with the player joining the neighbouring US force against the Soviets. It is a game of complete freedom with military crisis situations to handle on your own initiative. Once past the mission briefing stage, it's the player's decision how the overall mission or campaign is tackled.
GameplayDead before hearing the gunfire? Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis is the total conflict simulator. Everything happens for real, including the speed of sound. If the bullet is faster, anticipate a silent death.
As the ultimate war experience, the game immerses players in highly realistic Cold War military situations. For the first time in an action game, players control and command not just squads and soldiers of all levels but also land, sea and air vehicles. Both military and civilian, players have access to cars, APCs, tanks and even military helicopters.
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis delivers complete freedom for players to handle military crisis situations using their own initiative. After passing the mission briefing stage, players must decide how to tackle an overall mission or campaign. The open environment of the game is massive, allowing exploration anywhere at any time. Players are not limited to playing in mission-specific walled areas.
This variety also allows players to dip in and out of all kinds of game play, whether commanding a squad, driving tanks, transporting troops, piloting a helicopter or taking on the role of a sniper.
- True-to-life models and physics provide the most realistic combat experience to date in a console game.
- Advanced squad-management system enables players to efficiently issue orders to squad members.
- Gameplay enables players to participate in a Cold War conflict just the way they want to and draws the player into a deeply believable military environment.
- Offers two progressive mission-based campaigns along with stand alone single missions.
- Real time lighting and weather, including accurate star constellations for navigation
Official URLOfficial Site
SuperSmasher and 1 others own Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
MisterSinister played Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
The game is pretty straight forward, do this and you win. But whats interesting is how...
- Genre: WarGames (Xbox)
- Developer: Bohemia Interactive Studi
- Publisher: Codemasters
Released North America Feb 1, 2004
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Operation Flashpoint 2
- Operation Flashpoint: Resistance