BackgroundIce hockey returns again with ESPN NHL Hockey. Featuring all 30 NHL teams in each authentic arena throughout the league. Play as your favorite superstar, everyone from Theodore, Naslund to Sakic with new realistic player models. ESPN NHL Hockey also brings the ESPN license with their mark and presentation in the game. Fully integrated online play also adds to this already deep game.
- Authentic box scores, overlays, stats and more: To fully capture the atmosphere of an ESPN NHL broadcast.
- Groundbreaking graphics engine: Pushing the hardware to new limits, player models and faces, environmental effects, arenas, cut-scenes, uniforms, and more are meticulously detailed—raising realism to a new level.
- Top-notch commentary: A superstar booth features the best in the business. ESPN's Gary Thorne and Bill Clement deliver smart play-by-play and colorful commentary with convincing situational analysis and true ESPN flavor.
- The Skybox: Admire as you acquire. Unlock in-game features and customize your skybox with items that are earned by surpassing current NHL records and achieving other in-game milestones.
- Got skills?: Put your skills to the test against the NHL's best as you compete for the title in all of the NHL's All-Star skills challenges.
- Feel the impact: The "art" of the well-executed hit is showcased with authentic animations, detailing open ice hits, checks into the boards, and even the occasional flight over the boards and onto the players' bench.
- Mini-games galore: Plenty of extras to keep you busy outside of the traditional game, including Mini-Rink, a fast-paced and intense two-on-two hockey experience; Pond Hockey; and enhanced skills events.
- Know your history: Honoring the tradition and heritage of the NHL, playable historic teams and vintage jerseys let you indulge in some the most legendary eras in the sport of hockey.
- 3-D Front Office: Manage all aspects of your franchise, from key trades to scouting talent in the minors and abroad, with an easy-to-navigate 3-D Front Office menu system.
- Muck it up: True-to-the-game board-pinning controls give you the option to wear down opponents, fight for possession, or tie up the puck to get a whistle. Dynamic camera lets you soak up all the action up close and personal.
- Online gameplay: Hook it up and experience epic battles online with seamless gameplay. An in-depth stat-tracking system ensures that your trials and triumphs are recorded for the rest of the nation to admire.
- Customized playoffs: Your team didn't make the playoffs? Don't sweat it. The customizable playoffs option gives you the opportunity to put together a playoff bracket any way you see fit.
- Fantasy starters: Opponents can square off with their dream teams by drafting a lineup consisting of any players in the league, thus bringing unlimited replay value to an already deep hockey experience.
- International teams: Choose from 14 international teams, compete on international-sized ice in tournaments or exhibition games, and experience the fast-paced, wide-open action unique to international ice hockey.
Previously titled "NHL 2K4".
Added on: April 29, 2003
Official URLOfficial Site
Kemelok owns ESPN NHL Hockey
Jul 05, 03 3:34am
- Genre: Hockey (Xbox)
- Developer: Kush Games, Inc.
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Sep 9, 2003 Europe Nov 28, 2003
- ESPN College Hoops 2K5
- ESPN NBA 2K5
- ESPN NHL 2K5
- ESPN NFL 2K5
- ESPN NBA Basketball
- ESPN NHL Hockey
- ESPN NFL Football
- ESPN X Games Skateboarding
- ESPN NBA 2Night
- ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
- ESPN International Track & Field